Chili isn’t just for the cold winter months. I make chili as a main dish, but also use it in other recipes, too.
I love making a big batch and then use the leftovers for taco salad, as a dip with corn chips or even over spaghetti noodles.
This One Pot Chili is easy and quick but has the robust and smoky flavor of chipotle chili pepper that really sets it apart. This recipe literally takes opening a few cans and adding some spices. It can be stored in the fridge and used in multiple dishes with very different outcomes.
If you want a little more spice, you can adjust the amount of chili powder or even add some red pepper flakes for added heat. This is one of my favorite “go to” recipes, but is always one my family enjoys.
Belle’s One Pot Chili
1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (11 ounce) can chili ready diced tomatoes
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
¼ cup chopped green onions
½ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon chipotle chili pepper powder
¼ teaspoon pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large heavy pot. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author, including the recently released "That's a Lot of Crock!" and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the...
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom dance to...
- 'It's San Diego vs. everyone else' in comic...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 87
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the... 43
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Behind the rapid shift in public... 26
- In our opinion: Declaration of... 13
- After court ruling, Obama says more to... 11
- Does Shakespeare still have a place in... 10
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker... 8