Chili isn’t just for the cold winter months. I make chili as a main dish, but also use it in other recipes, too.
I love making a big batch and then use the leftovers for taco salad, as a dip with corn chips or even over spaghetti noodles.
This One Pot Chili is easy and quick but has the robust and smoky flavor of chipotle chili pepper that really sets it apart. This recipe literally takes opening a few cans and adding some spices. It can be stored in the fridge and used in multiple dishes with very different outcomes.
If you want a little more spice, you can adjust the amount of chili powder or even add some red pepper flakes for added heat. This is one of my favorite “go to” recipes, but is always one my family enjoys.
Belle’s One Pot Chili
1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (11 ounce) can chili ready diced tomatoes
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
¼ cup chopped green onions
½ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon chipotle chili pepper powder
¼ teaspoon pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large heavy pot. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author, including the recently released "That's a Lot of Crock!" and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- Final goodbye: Roll call of some who died in...
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these two...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new respect...
- The Clean Cut: Stuart Edge, Vocal Point,...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 50 things you might not know about the 'Lord...
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 31
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 14
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- Black Captain America leading comic... 6
- What did Utahns search for in 2014?... 6
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 4