The IRS is seeking to cover up damaging evidence related to the Internal Revenue Service’s reported targeting of conservative groups, according to Sen. Mike Lee of Utah.
Numerous emails relating to investigations of the IRS’ “improper scrutiny” of tea party groups have been lost, the Associated Press reported Tuesday.
Among the emails lost are those of Lois Lerner, former director of the IRS Exempt Organizing Unit, who reportedly lost the emails due to a computer crash in December of 2011, according to the Associated press.
“This is a sort of ‘my dog ate my homework defense,’” Lee told One America News Network. “It doesn’t work in third grade and it shouldn’t work now.”
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- A. Scott Anderson: Sen. Bennett: Selfless...
- Michael Gerson: Conservatives' deal with the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Collective neurosis in...
- In our opinion: Not all economic inequality...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a de-humanized...
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 48
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- My view: Character still matters in... 15
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains 11
- My view: The one thing that could solve... 10