Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone outsmart paparazzi by helping charities
"Spider-Man" sweethearts Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone pulled a superhero stunt of their own this week when they went out to eat in New York City.
The couple knew the paparazzi were waiting to take photos of them on their outing, so they held homemade signs in front of their faces that redirected their viewers' attention toward helping charities, according to Mashable.
"Good morning! We were eating and saw a group of guys with cameras outside. And so we thought, let's try this again. We don't need the attention, but these wonderful organizations do: -->" Stone's sign read, directing readers to Garfield's message.
Garfield concluded his missive by writing, "Here's to the stuff that matters. Have a good day!" according to the L.A. Times.
This is the second time Garfield and Stone have used their passion for charity work to redirect the paparazzi's attention, according to the Huffington Post.
In September 2012, the two pled with the paparazzi to give their attention to Gilda's Club, an organization dedicated to those living with cancer, and World Wide Orphans, an organization that provides health care and education to orphaned children.
Stone is an ambassador for Gilda's Club, while Garfield is an ambassador for World Wide Orphans.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- To B12 or not to B12?
- UTubers: Jimmer Fredette, wife and fans make...
- 'Stomping out the stigma': A look at the...
- Chris Hicks: A sequel sometimes takes decades...
- DC movie universe hit with fallout from...
- Chris Hicks: ‘Joy’ and a special...
- The Clean Cut: YouTube impressionist sings...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 36
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 9
- Mom's 'happy Chewbacca' video shatters... 6
- To B12 or not to B12? 5
- UTubers: Jimmer Fredette, wife and fans... 5
- DC movie universe hit with fallout from... 5
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Goodbye,... 4
- Erin Stewart: The cry-it-out method:... 4