Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone outsmart paparazzi by helping charities
"Spider-Man" sweethearts Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone pulled a superhero stunt of their own this week when they went out to eat in New York City.
The couple knew the paparazzi were waiting to take photos of them on their outing, so they held homemade signs in front of their faces that redirected their viewers' attention toward helping charities, according to Mashable.
"Good morning! We were eating and saw a group of guys with cameras outside. And so we thought, let's try this again. We don't need the attention, but these wonderful organizations do: -->" Stone's sign read, directing readers to Garfield's message.
Garfield concluded his missive by writing, "Here's to the stuff that matters. Have a good day!" according to the L.A. Times.
This is the second time Garfield and Stone have used their passion for charity work to redirect the paparazzi's attention, according to the Huffington Post.
In September 2012, the two pled with the paparazzi to give their attention to Gilda's Club, an organization dedicated to those living with cancer, and World Wide Orphans, an organization that provides health care and education to orphaned children.
Stone is an ambassador for Gilda's Club, while Garfield is an ambassador for World Wide Orphans.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- Two powerful forces make American families...
- 14 potential signs of autism you may be...
- The Clean Cut: 3-year-old drumming prodigy...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- Two powerful forces make American... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 11
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 9
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 6
- Many adults delay parenthood for these... 5
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4