Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone outsmart paparazzi by helping charities
"Spider-Man" sweethearts Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone pulled a superhero stunt of their own this week when they went out to eat in New York City.
The couple knew the paparazzi were waiting to take photos of them on their outing, so they held homemade signs in front of their faces that redirected their viewers' attention toward helping charities, according to Mashable.
"Good morning! We were eating and saw a group of guys with cameras outside. And so we thought, let's try this again. We don't need the attention, but these wonderful organizations do: -->" Stone's sign read, directing readers to Garfield's message.
Garfield concluded his missive by writing, "Here's to the stuff that matters. Have a good day!" according to the L.A. Times.
This is the second time Garfield and Stone have used their passion for charity work to redirect the paparazzi's attention, according to the Huffington Post.
In September 2012, the two pled with the paparazzi to give their attention to Gilda's Club, an organization dedicated to those living with cancer, and World Wide Orphans, an organization that provides health care and education to orphaned children.
Stone is an ambassador for Gilda's Club, while Garfield is an ambassador for World Wide Orphans.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Wyoming ranked third in US in percentage of...
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- What accounts for the cinematic generation gap?
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- Dear mom on the iPhone: Let me tell you... 76
- 5 underrated Disney movies 17
- Erin Stewart: Prom dress modesty raises... 9
- Top reasons couples divorce... 4
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I... 3
- Did the Internet kill April Fools' Day? 3
- Wyoming ranked third in US in... 2
- The Clean Cut: Young string quartet... 1