Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone outsmart paparazzi by helping charities
"Spider-Man" sweethearts Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone pulled a superhero stunt of their own this week when they went out to eat in New York City.
The couple knew the paparazzi were waiting to take photos of them on their outing, so they held homemade signs in front of their faces that redirected their viewers' attention toward helping charities, according to Mashable.
"Good morning! We were eating and saw a group of guys with cameras outside. And so we thought, let's try this again. We don't need the attention, but these wonderful organizations do: -->" Stone's sign read, directing readers to Garfield's message.
Garfield concluded his missive by writing, "Here's to the stuff that matters. Have a good day!" according to the L.A. Times.
This is the second time Garfield and Stone have used their passion for charity work to redirect the paparazzi's attention, according to the Huffington Post.
In September 2012, the two pled with the paparazzi to give their attention to Gilda's Club, an organization dedicated to those living with cancer, and World Wide Orphans, an organization that provides health care and education to orphaned children.
Stone is an ambassador for Gilda's Club, while Garfield is an ambassador for World Wide Orphans.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Can you guess when these 17 animated Disney...
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy era
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- The problems grandparents face when...
- How to prevent cognitive decline related to...
- Maryland couple investigated again... 18
- BYU Cougarettes dance team wins... 9
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy... 5
- Schooled by autism: 5 lessons from my... 3
- She paid for a family's groceries and... 3
- Ask Mr. Dad: How to handle stress of... 2
- Sherry Young: Protecting our family in... 2
- What causes do men care about? Kids and... 1