Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone outsmart paparazzi by helping charities
"Spider-Man" sweethearts Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone pulled a superhero stunt of their own this week when they went out to eat in New York City.
The couple knew the paparazzi were waiting to take photos of them on their outing, so they held homemade signs in front of their faces that redirected their viewers' attention toward helping charities, according to Mashable.
"Good morning! We were eating and saw a group of guys with cameras outside. And so we thought, let's try this again. We don't need the attention, but these wonderful organizations do: -->" Stone's sign read, directing readers to Garfield's message.
Garfield concluded his missive by writing, "Here's to the stuff that matters. Have a good day!" according to the L.A. Times.
This is the second time Garfield and Stone have used their passion for charity work to redirect the paparazzi's attention, according to the Huffington Post.
In September 2012, the two pled with the paparazzi to give their attention to Gilda's Club, an organization dedicated to those living with cancer, and World Wide Orphans, an organization that provides health care and education to orphaned children.
Stone is an ambassador for Gilda's Club, while Garfield is an ambassador for World Wide Orphans.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- The cost of child care trumps rent —...
- The Clean Cut: Peewee football players dance...
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- Teach your children to be coachable
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker performs tribute to...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 5
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 4
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 3
- The cost of child care trumps rent... 3
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Your presence is... 2
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending 2