You don’t need the spotlight of the big city. Everybody — all the people and sponsors in the world, already know you are King James.
You’ve already got the money and power to buy Antarctica and rename it Jamestown if you want.
What you have now is a chance to shock the NBA and the planet by coming to Utah, proving you are without question your own man, and making history. No one would see it coming.
It would be like a surprise party for the whole world.
We could even have you announce it live on TV and call it like the Choice? The Resolution? What’s another name that could dramatically describe someone announcing a big decision?
Anyway, we’ll think of something; and people will eat it up.
You will go from King James to Emperor LeBron.
Utahns will even call you Brother.
What is there to say except yes?
Shoot me a reply outlining who else you want on the roster with you. Also, let me know what you’d like the arena called, where you want your statue, and whether you prefer King James Road, Street, or Avenue.
Let’s make this happen.
By the way, Gail Miller just walked by my office and wanted me to tell you that if she had a nickel for everyone in the world as wonderful as you, she’d have five cents.
Randy Rigby wants to know if you’re tired because he says you’ve been running through his mind all day.
Quin Snyder says he’s not a photographer but he can picture you and him together.
Derrick Favors just declared that you must be religious because you’re the answer to his prayers.
But remember, the most important words were those spoken in 1847 when a visionary man pondered your future, looked over our valley, and proclaimed, more or less: “This is the place for LeBron.”
So let it be written. So let it be done.
Best regards times infinity,
Nate Gagon is an opinion columnist featured by the Deseret News, and writes a regular sports feature called Utah Sports Ruckus. He shoots roughly 94 percent from the free-throw line and can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Twitter @nategagon.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49