You don’t need the spotlight of the big city. Everybody — all the people and sponsors in the world, already know you are King James.
You’ve already got the money and power to buy Antarctica and rename it Jamestown if you want.
What you have now is a chance to shock the NBA and the planet by coming to Utah, proving you are without question your own man, and making history. No one would see it coming.
It would be like a surprise party for the whole world.
We could even have you announce it live on TV and call it like the Choice? The Resolution? What’s another name that could dramatically describe someone announcing a big decision?
Anyway, we’ll think of something; and people will eat it up.
You will go from King James to Emperor LeBron.
Utahns will even call you Brother.
What is there to say except yes?
Shoot me a reply outlining who else you want on the roster with you. Also, let me know what you’d like the arena called, where you want your statue, and whether you prefer King James Road, Street, or Avenue.
Let’s make this happen.
By the way, Gail Miller just walked by my office and wanted me to tell you that if she had a nickel for everyone in the world as wonderful as you, she’d have five cents.
Randy Rigby wants to know if you’re tired because he says you’ve been running through his mind all day.
Quin Snyder says he’s not a photographer but he can picture you and him together.
Derrick Favors just declared that you must be religious because you’re the answer to his prayers.
But remember, the most important words were those spoken in 1847 when a visionary man pondered your future, looked over our valley, and proclaimed, more or less: “This is the place for LeBron.”
So let it be written. So let it be done.
Best regards times infinity,
Nate Gagon is an opinion columnist featured by the Deseret News, and writes a regular sports feature called Utah Sports Ruckus. He shoots roughly 94 percent from the free-throw line and can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Twitter @nategagon.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 48
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45