This drought reminds me of when I was a little girl, and my aunt would run in the house saying there was going to be a storm and we were going to run out of food. I have heard the same story every year, and every year as we made more and more food, prices got higher.
I took it hard the last time they said beef prices were rising, but on a tight food budget, I still paid a decent price. Beef keeps me stable in these times of poverty, and I will pay for beef and cut down on produce.
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 46
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 17
- My view: Biggest reason for physician... 17