Ms. Barker cites a tendentious lecturer here in Edinburgh who says “deniers” from genuine skeptics “are already committed to a position that they seek to confirm.” But that is a description that applies with far more justification to Ms. Barker herself.
Remarkably, she offers not a single item of scientific evidence that global warming has been occurring recently, or that it has done harm, or that the rate of warming since 1990 has been serious, or that even if global warming were eventually to occur at the predicted rate it would be cheaper to prevent it today than to adapt to its consequences the day after tomorrow.
The Obama/EPA war on coal will inflict maximum damage on the U.S. economy but will make no measurable difference to the climate, as the EPA itself admits. This is not science: it is anti-capitalism.
A study I conducted in the Annual Proceedings of the World Federation of Scientists shows it is 10-100 times costlier to prevent global warming today than to let it happen and adapt. Humans are good at adapting. That is why we are here.
Ms. Barker enthuses about Germany’s “renewable” energy. Yet, according to the environmental economist Bjorn Lomborg, Germany’s $110 billion program to install solar panels throughout the land will delay global warming in 2100 by exactly 37 minutes. Is that a sensible deployment of scarce resources?
Lord Christopher Monckton, a former adviser to Margaret Thatcher, is the author of several peer-reviewed papers on climate science and economics.
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 63
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- My view: What message does Melania's... 33
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 30