USU Athletics: Andrea Patton named learning specialist with the Utah State Athletics Department
Andrea Patton was named a learning specialist with the Utah State Athletics Department, it was announced Wednesday by Senior Associate Athletics Director for Student Athlete Services Dr. Brian Evans. Patton officially began her duties at USU on June 16.
In her position, Patton will oversee the learning assistance program for select student-athletes in addition to the tutoring and mentoring programs at USU.
“I’m excited to have Andrea on board, her sleeves rolled up and already working with our student-athletes,” Evans said. “She brings experience and a strong skill set to the position which greatly enhance the services we offer.”
Patton comes to Utah State after spending the past year as a tutor coordinator and academics assistant at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Prior to that, she spent one year at Florida Atlantic University as an academic counselor and academic mentor/tutor coordinator. Patton began her career in athletics as an assistant women’s basketball coach at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown during the 2011-12 season.
“I’m excited for the opportunity to continue my career at Utah State, and I’m looking forward to working with and getting to know all the student-athletes, coaches and administrators of Aggie Athletics,” Patton said.
Patton, a native of Washington, Pennsylvania, earned her bachelor’s degree in secondary education from the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown in 2012 and was a member of the women’s basketball team. She also received her master’s degree in education from the University of Washington in Pennsylvania in 2014. She is married to Casey Patton.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- BYU basketball analysis: Why the Cougars...
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight road...
- Utes get it done at home again
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles West...
- Utah defensive end Nate Orchard leads locals...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 88
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 61
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 54
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 36
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 27
- Matt Carlino playing much the same at... 18