Utah wide receiver Dres Anderson rated one of top playmakers in Pac-12
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
More than 1,000 receiving yards and seven touchdown receptions helped Utah's speedy wide receiver Dres Anderson earn all-Pac 12 honorable mention honors last season.
Now the senior who's started 25 games the past three years is primed for even greater accolades in 2014. On Tuesday, Fox Sports named Anderson one of 20 playmakers who could dominate the Pac-12 this season.
"Anderson was overlooked last season, but he shouldn't be in 2014," Fox Sports wrote. "If Utah QB Travis Wilson's health checks out, he and Anderson could form one of the league's best duos."
Anderson had 53 receptions for 1,002 yards last year, good enough for a league-best 18.9 yards per catch. He's also the Pac-12's leading returning receiver with an average of 83.5 yards per game.
Four of Anderson's seven touchdown receptions in 2013 covered more than 45 yards, including 57 yards vs. Weber State, 49 vs. Oregon State, 54 vs. UCLA and 51 vs. Stanford.
The versatile wide receiver was also the Utes' top kickoff returner last season, averaging 21.1 yards on 11 kickoff returns. He added eight rushes for 30 yards and a touchdown.
There are four wide receivers, including Anderson, on the 20-man Fox Sports playmakers list. Oregon tops all schools with four players represented, while Arizona State, Stanford, UCLA and USC each have three. Cal, Oregon State and Washington State have one each.
Arizona, Colorado and Washington were not represented on the list.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 125
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 72
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 61
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 50
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 50
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49