LDS spokeswoman discusses church discipline with radio host Doug Fabrizio
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
RadioWest host Doug Fabrizio spoke Tuesday with Ally Isom, senior manager of Public Affairs for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, about the disciplinary process.
While Fabrizio mentioned two Mormon activists facing church discipline — Kate Kelly, the leader of a group seeking ordination of women to the priesthood, and John Dehlin, a blogger — Isom clarified at the outset that her purpose was to discuss the process and not the personal cases of Kelly and Dehlin.
"While we can discuss process, the church is not going to publicly discuss private matters of faith between a specific church member, and that member's local leader and God," Isom said. "That decision, that process remains confidential, and we'll respect that."
In the 51-minute interview, Isom also emphasized the central role of love, reiterating a sentiment captured in a statement posted to MormonNewsroom.org June 11.
"The church is a family made up of millions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and opinions. There is room for questions and we welcome sincere conversations. We hope those seeking answers will find them and happiness through the gospel of Jesus Christ," according to the statement.
The interview is available on radiowest.kuer.org.
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Researching Family History: It's a day of a...
- LDS leaders picture quiz: Can you name that...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 66
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 46
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 38
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 29
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 25
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 15
- What would Jesus buy? New website helps... 13