LDS spokeswoman discusses church discipline with radio host Doug Fabrizio
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
RadioWest host Doug Fabrizio spoke Tuesday with Ally Isom, senior manager of Public Affairs for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, about the disciplinary process.
While Fabrizio mentioned two Mormon activists facing church discipline — Kate Kelly, the leader of a group seeking ordination of women to the priesthood, and John Dehlin, a blogger — Isom clarified at the outset that her purpose was to discuss the process and not the personal cases of Kelly and Dehlin.
"While we can discuss process, the church is not going to publicly discuss private matters of faith between a specific church member, and that member's local leader and God," Isom said. "That decision, that process remains confidential, and we'll respect that."
In the 51-minute interview, Isom also emphasized the central role of love, reiterating a sentiment captured in a statement posted to MormonNewsroom.org June 11.
"The church is a family made up of millions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and opinions. There is room for questions and we welcome sincere conversations. We hope those seeking answers will find them and happiness through the gospel of Jesus Christ," according to the statement.
The interview is available on radiowest.kuer.org.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Bishop Gérald Caussé announced...
- Leading Jordanian Muslim and Christian...
- Major LDS growth in Africa unaffected by...
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- LDS YouTube family, the Shaytards, featured...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Workers removing Ten Commandments from... 56
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith... 52
- Sunday School leader apologizes for... 40
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Defending the Faith: Perhaps the... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- The spiritual revolution taking place... 21
- Leading Jordanian Muslim and Christian... 14