We had the best Flag Day I have ever had. We have neighbors from Germany, and they both received their citizenship to our country. They were so excited, humbled and thankful to be a part of this country. They invited the whole neighborhood over to their home to have a flag-raising ceremony. They bought a 30-foot flagpole because they wanted everyone to share in their joy of being citizens.
I have taken for granted this country, my citizenship and my patriotism. This experience brought me to my knees, giving thanks for our freedom. It was a reminder to me of all the many blessings and freedoms we enjoy every day.
Today is the first day of the rest of my life, and I will be thanking God for this country, and for the many opportunities that are ours because so many gave their lives for our freedom. I love this country, and I am going to be a better citizen.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 65
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 51
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 44
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools... 26
- My view: Women’s equality —... 25