We had the best Flag Day I have ever had. We have neighbors from Germany, and they both received their citizenship to our country. They were so excited, humbled and thankful to be a part of this country. They invited the whole neighborhood over to their home to have a flag-raising ceremony. They bought a 30-foot flagpole because they wanted everyone to share in their joy of being citizens.
I have taken for granted this country, my citizenship and my patriotism. This experience brought me to my knees, giving thanks for our freedom. It was a reminder to me of all the many blessings and freedoms we enjoy every day.
Today is the first day of the rest of my life, and I will be thanking God for this country, and for the many opportunities that are ours because so many gave their lives for our freedom. I love this country, and I am going to be a better citizen.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 55
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 29
- My view: What message does Melania's... 25