FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS, Sanpete County — Police were investigating an apparent murder-suicide in a rural Utah town Monday.
The Sanpete County Sheriff's Office responded to reports of a shooting about 5:30 p.m. Monday and found a mother and her son, a man in his 20s, dead from apparent gunshot wounds.
No further information about the shooting was released.
Sanpete County Sheriff Brian Nielson called the deaths a "horrible, tragic event" that has rattled the close-knit community.
— McKenzie Romero
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 27
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14