FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS, Sanpete County — Police were investigating an apparent murder-suicide in a rural Utah town Monday.
The Sanpete County Sheriff's Office responded to reports of a shooting about 5:30 p.m. Monday and found a mother and her son, a man in his 20s, dead from apparent gunshot wounds.
No further information about the shooting was released.
Sanpete County Sheriff Brian Nielson called the deaths a "horrible, tragic event" that has rattled the close-knit community.
— McKenzie Romero
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16