FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS, Sanpete County — Police were investigating an apparent murder-suicide in a rural Utah town Monday.
The Sanpete County Sheriff's Office responded to reports of a shooting about 5:30 p.m. Monday and found a mother and her son, a man in his 20s, dead from apparent gunshot wounds.
No further information about the shooting was released.
Sanpete County Sheriff Brian Nielson called the deaths a "horrible, tragic event" that has rattled the close-knit community.
— McKenzie Romero
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15