FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS, Sanpete County — Police were investigating an apparent murder-suicide in a rural Utah town Monday.
The Sanpete County Sheriff's Office responded to reports of a shooting about 5:30 p.m. Monday and found a mother and her son, a man in his 20s, dead from apparent gunshot wounds.
No further information about the shooting was released.
Sanpete County Sheriff Brian Nielson called the deaths a "horrible, tragic event" that has rattled the close-knit community.
— McKenzie Romero
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 34
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9