FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS, Sanpete County — Police were investigating an apparent murder-suicide in a rural Utah town Monday.
The Sanpete County Sheriff's Office responded to reports of a shooting about 5:30 p.m. Monday and found a mother and her son, a man in his 20s, dead from apparent gunshot wounds.
No further information about the shooting was released.
Sanpete County Sheriff Brian Nielson called the deaths a "horrible, tragic event" that has rattled the close-knit community.
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8