SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake Metro Gang Unit's public enemy No. 1 was arrested Sunday by troopers with the Utah Highway Patrol.
Jamie Hamlin, 34, was designated as a top priority on Friday and according to the Metro Gang Unit is a member of a violent street gang with outstanding warrants for investigation of a weapons violation and theft.
UHP Sgt. Jacob Cox said that at approximately 8 p.m., a trooper on patrol in the Rose Park neighborhood identified a stolen vehicle and attempted a traffic stop at 600 North and 1000 West. The vehicle fled, but was later found abandoned by the trooper.
Hamlin was apprehended nearby with the help of information provided by witnesses, who had seen multiple suspects flee on foot. He initially gave a false name but was later identified by authorities, according to UHP.
"Some good citizens in the area pointed out the area where he fled and we picked him up," Cox said.
According to UHP authorities were still searching for two additional suspects, the driver of the stolen vehicle and an unidentified woman.
Sunday was Hamlin's 34th birthday, according to UHP reports.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: bjaminwood
- Worth 1,000 words: Here's a look at the top...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13