SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake Metro Gang Unit's public enemy No. 1 was arrested Sunday by troopers with the Utah Highway Patrol.
Jamie Hamlin, 34, was designated as a top priority on Friday and according to the Metro Gang Unit is a member of a violent street gang with outstanding warrants for investigation of a weapons violation and theft.
UHP Sgt. Jacob Cox said that at approximately 8 p.m., a trooper on patrol in the Rose Park neighborhood identified a stolen vehicle and attempted a traffic stop at 600 North and 1000 West. The vehicle fled, but was later found abandoned by the trooper.
Hamlin was apprehended nearby with the help of information provided by witnesses, who had seen multiple suspects flee on foot. He initially gave a false name but was later identified by authorities, according to UHP.
"Some good citizens in the area pointed out the area where he fled and we picked him up," Cox said.
According to UHP authorities were still searching for two additional suspects, the driver of the stolen vehicle and an unidentified woman.
Sunday was Hamlin's 34th birthday, according to UHP reports.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: bjaminwood
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Alpine Days set for Aug. 5-13
- Longtime USU professor arrested in Maryland...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14