Darron Cummings, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz have scouted lottery-bound power forward Noah Vonleh a couple of times in the past month, once in a group workout in California and another time in a solo session in New York.
On Monday, the 6-foot-10 big man from Indiana will be in town for an up-close-and-personal visit in a place that could possibly be his first NBA home.
Vonleh will work out for the team with George Mason guard Bryon Allen, Oklahoma State guard Markel Brown, Syracuse forward C.J. Fair, UCLA forward David Wear and Marquette forward Jamil Wilson.
Vonleh, projected by some to end up in Utah with the No. 5 pick in the June 26 draft, has intrigued NBA teams with his ability to stretch the floor with his outside shooting and size. He's ranked fifth overall by ESPN.com's Chad Ford.
Utah will also get a second look at Utah State big man Jarred Shaw, who's participating in a two-man workout with UTEP center John Bohannon.
Monday's workouts will be the 14th and 15th tryouts hosted by the Jazz, who've already had 75 players audition at Zions Bank Basketball Center. Utah has also hosted a free agent minicamp with 27 players in an effort to build a player database for future summer league and camp rosters, their D-League squad and midseason acquisitions.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 110
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 74
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 32
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 29
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 22
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 21
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 20