Darron Cummings, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz have scouted lottery-bound power forward Noah Vonleh a couple of times in the past month, once in a group workout in California and another time in a solo session in New York.
On Monday, the 6-foot-10 big man from Indiana will be in town for an up-close-and-personal visit in a place that could possibly be his first NBA home.
Vonleh will work out for the team with George Mason guard Bryon Allen, Oklahoma State guard Markel Brown, Syracuse forward C.J. Fair, UCLA forward David Wear and Marquette forward Jamil Wilson.
Vonleh, projected by some to end up in Utah with the No. 5 pick in the June 26 draft, has intrigued NBA teams with his ability to stretch the floor with his outside shooting and size. He's ranked fifth overall by ESPN.com's Chad Ford.
Utah will also get a second look at Utah State big man Jarred Shaw, who's participating in a two-man workout with UTEP center John Bohannon.
Monday's workouts will be the 14th and 15th tryouts hosted by the Jazz, who've already had 75 players audition at Zions Bank Basketball Center. Utah has also hosted a free agent minicamp with 27 players in an effort to build a player database for future summer league and camp rosters, their D-League squad and midseason acquisitions.
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- Rock On: A bad day gets worse for Whittingham
- Davis High named top girls soccer team in the...
- Utah State denies David Collette's release,...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 55
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 47
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 39
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35