Chuck Burton, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Ogden’s Zac Blair moved up from a tie for 60th place to a tie for 46th at the U.S. Open with a solid round of 73 at the Pinehurst No. 2 Golf Course on Saturday.
The former BYU golfer played the front nine with a 2-over-par 37, including a bogey at No. 3, a birdie at No. 5 and a double bogey at No. 6. On the back nine, he made birdies at 13 and 17, but had bogeys at 11, 16 and 18 for a 36 and a 73. His three-round total of 218 is 8 over par.
For Sunday’s final round, Blair will tee off at 9:33 a.m. MDT with 2010 U.S. Open champion Graeme McDowell, who stands at 217.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21