Chuck Burton, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Ogden’s Zac Blair moved up from a tie for 60th place to a tie for 46th at the U.S. Open with a solid round of 73 at the Pinehurst No. 2 Golf Course on Saturday.
The former BYU golfer played the front nine with a 2-over-par 37, including a bogey at No. 3, a birdie at No. 5 and a double bogey at No. 6. On the back nine, he made birdies at 13 and 17, but had bogeys at 11, 16 and 18 for a 36 and a 73. His three-round total of 218 is 8 over par.
For Sunday’s final round, Blair will tee off at 9:33 a.m. MDT with 2010 U.S. Open champion Graeme McDowell, who stands at 217.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 102
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24