Chuck Burton, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Ogden’s Zac Blair moved up from a tie for 60th place to a tie for 46th at the U.S. Open with a solid round of 73 at the Pinehurst No. 2 Golf Course on Saturday.
The former BYU golfer played the front nine with a 2-over-par 37, including a bogey at No. 3, a birdie at No. 5 and a double bogey at No. 6. On the back nine, he made birdies at 13 and 17, but had bogeys at 11, 16 and 18 for a 36 and a 73. His three-round total of 218 is 8 over par.
For Sunday’s final round, Blair will tee off at 9:33 a.m. MDT with 2010 U.S. Open champion Graeme McDowell, who stands at 217.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 26