As an old engineer, I have had the privilege of helping grandchildren and some of our neighborhood children with their high school math. The last couple of years have become infinitely more difficult when it comes to math because the math courses have been mixed together, jumping from one to the other. Terminology has been changed, and no textbooks have been available to explain what the schools are up to.
I have attributed all this to Common Core. Is there anyone in state government supervising this?
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in religious...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 37
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 21