As an old engineer, I have had the privilege of helping grandchildren and some of our neighborhood children with their high school math. The last couple of years have become infinitely more difficult when it comes to math because the math courses have been mixed together, jumping from one to the other. Terminology has been changed, and no textbooks have been available to explain what the schools are up to.
I have attributed all this to Common Core. Is there anyone in state government supervising this?
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 35
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 30
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 21
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice... 13