Utah Highway Patrol
NEPHI — Five people were hospitalized Friday when a motor home collided with another car in Juab County.
A couple in a motor home towing a boat pulled into the emergency lane on northbound I-15 about 11:40 a.m. Friday before apparently trying to make a U-turn, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The motor home pulled into the travel lane and was T-boned by a northbound Toyota Highlander occupied by five people, according to a UHP news release. The driver of the motor home accelerated, sending the vehicle across the median and southbound lanes.
The motor home came to a stop at the bottom of an embankment on the west side of the freeway.
Four people were treated at Central Valley Medical Center in Nephi and released, a UHP spokesman reported, but did not specify which vehicles they had been traveling in.
A 2-year-old girl from Holladay who was riding in the Highlander was taken by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Hospital, where she was expected to stay overnight as a precaution.
"Making a U-turn on any freeway is illegal and extremely unsafe," according to the UHP news release. "The marked median turn areas are for emergency vehicles only and are clearly posted as such. All drivers must go to the next exit if they need to turn around and head the other direction."
— McKenzie Romero
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- New Salt Lake fire chief caught in political...
- River rafters discover wreckage of aircraft...
- Sandy man gets prison time in $1.5 million...
- Larry H. Miller family pulls Tooele County...
- 'I just can't say 'I'm sorry' enough': Woman...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 36
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 21
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 15
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 13
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12