Utah Highway Patrol
NEPHI — Five people were hospitalized Friday when a motor home collided with another car in Juab County.
A couple in a motor home towing a boat pulled into the emergency lane on northbound I-15 about 11:40 a.m. Friday before apparently trying to make a U-turn, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The motor home pulled into the travel lane and was T-boned by a northbound Toyota Highlander occupied by five people, according to a UHP news release. The driver of the motor home accelerated, sending the vehicle across the median and southbound lanes.
The motor home came to a stop at the bottom of an embankment on the west side of the freeway.
Four people were treated at Central Valley Medical Center in Nephi and released, a UHP spokesman reported, but did not specify which vehicles they had been traveling in.
A 2-year-old girl from Holladay who was riding in the Highlander was taken by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Hospital, where she was expected to stay overnight as a precaution.
"Making a U-turn on any freeway is illegal and extremely unsafe," according to the UHP news release. "The marked median turn areas are for emergency vehicles only and are clearly posted as such. All drivers must go to the next exit if they need to turn around and head the other direction."
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7