Utah Highway Patrol
NEPHI — Five people were hospitalized Friday when a motor home collided with another car in Juab County.
A couple in a motor home towing a boat pulled into the emergency lane on northbound I-15 about 11:40 a.m. Friday before apparently trying to make a U-turn, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The motor home pulled into the travel lane and was T-boned by a northbound Toyota Highlander occupied by five people, according to a UHP news release. The driver of the motor home accelerated, sending the vehicle across the median and southbound lanes.
The motor home came to a stop at the bottom of an embankment on the west side of the freeway.
Four people were treated at Central Valley Medical Center in Nephi and released, a UHP spokesman reported, but did not specify which vehicles they had been traveling in.
A 2-year-old girl from Holladay who was riding in the Highlander was taken by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Hospital, where she was expected to stay overnight as a precaution.
"Making a U-turn on any freeway is illegal and extremely unsafe," according to the UHP news release. "The marked median turn areas are for emergency vehicles only and are clearly posted as such. All drivers must go to the next exit if they need to turn around and head the other direction."
— McKenzie Romero
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Four being questioned in attempted murder of...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 95
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 20
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 15
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal... 11