Congress must act now for our veterans. The recent VA scandal has excited veteran organizations all across the country, demanding resolve of the atrocities noted in that scandal for poor leadership and mismanagement of VA medical centers nationwide.
Our Congress, Senate and president are on the bandwagon wanting answers. Why did they not take action many years ago when they received complaints from veterans? Those complaints fell upon unhearing ears; now we have needless deaths that could have been prevented and illnesses that could have been better treated.
A bill currently in progress will become a milestone toward providing equitable VA benefits for thousands of veterans, saving lives and providing better quality of life.
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 72
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 55
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 32
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 23
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 22