As I drive around the valley I see people standing with signs, and I hear on the radio that children are going hungry and that I should donate money to help them. In each of these situations I get the feeling that I am a person who does not care, love or support, and that my views and thinking are wrong.
We have lived in a society that used to tolerate others' point of view. We may not have agreed with them, but we felt that they were entitled to their views. Now tolerance is not present in our society.
I wish that I could go back to the day when tolerance, respect and the spirit of communication between people were respected.
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood... 53
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass 49
- Letter: Erratic protests 31
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 24
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- Letter: Proper priority 23