As I drive around the valley I see people standing with signs, and I hear on the radio that children are going hungry and that I should donate money to help them. In each of these situations I get the feeling that I am a person who does not care, love or support, and that my views and thinking are wrong.
We have lived in a society that used to tolerate others' point of view. We may not have agreed with them, but we felt that they were entitled to their views. Now tolerance is not present in our society.
I wish that I could go back to the day when tolerance, respect and the spirit of communication between people were respected.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37