As I drive around the valley I see people standing with signs, and I hear on the radio that children are going hungry and that I should donate money to help them. In each of these situations I get the feeling that I am a person who does not care, love or support, and that my views and thinking are wrong.
We have lived in a society that used to tolerate others' point of view. We may not have agreed with them, but we felt that they were entitled to their views. Now tolerance is not present in our society.
I wish that I could go back to the day when tolerance, respect and the spirit of communication between people were respected.
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- In our opinion: National security and... 77
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 35
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19