As I drive around the valley I see people standing with signs, and I hear on the radio that children are going hungry and that I should donate money to help them. In each of these situations I get the feeling that I am a person who does not care, love or support, and that my views and thinking are wrong.
We have lived in a society that used to tolerate others' point of view. We may not have agreed with them, but we felt that they were entitled to their views. Now tolerance is not present in our society.
I wish that I could go back to the day when tolerance, respect and the spirit of communication between people were respected.
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- My view: A global warming solution to... 35