As I drive around the valley I see people standing with signs, and I hear on the radio that children are going hungry and that I should donate money to help them. In each of these situations I get the feeling that I am a person who does not care, love or support, and that my views and thinking are wrong.
We have lived in a society that used to tolerate others' point of view. We may not have agreed with them, but we felt that they were entitled to their views. Now tolerance is not present in our society.
I wish that I could go back to the day when tolerance, respect and the spirit of communication between people were respected.
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Letter: Wood burning an easy target
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 44
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 43
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 29