“Perry Mason: Movie Collection Double Feature 1” (CBS/Paramount/DVD, 1985-86, two movies).
“Perry Mason: Movie Collection Double Feature 2” (CBS/Paramount/DVD, 1985-86, two movies).
“Perry Mason: Movie Collection Double Feature 3” (CBS/Paramount/DVD, 1985-86, two movies). Each of these three discs contains a pair of the TV-movie “specials” that followed the “Perry Mason” series some 20 years later. These are inexpensive double-feature releases of the titles that were in the “Perry Mason Movie Collection: Volume 1” box set, from “Perry Mason Returns” (1985) through “The Case of the Sinister Spirit” (1987).
“Brazil With Michael Palin” (BBC/Blu-ray/DVD, 2012, four episodes). Best known as one of the Monty Python comic sextet, Palin has made a successful second career with travel documentaries. Here, he visits the fifth-largest country in the world, where he meets with remote tribes, vaqueros, soap stars and a prince, among others.
“Cloroformo” (Televisa/DVD, 2012, four discs, 13 episodes, in Spanish with English subtitles). Mexican soap opera set against the world of boxing as five fighters meet in a Mexico City gym, each training for an upcoming match they hope will promote their careers.
“Lo Mejor de la CQ” (Televisa/DVD, four discs, 28 episodes, in Spanish with English subtitles). Live-action kids’ show, a Mexico-Venezuela co-production loosely based on the American sitcom “Saved By the Bell.”
“The Adventures of Batman” (Warner/DVD, 1968-69, two discs, 34 episodes). This is the complete Batman half of the 1960s animated series “The Batman/Superman Hour,” with Batman and Robin encountering their arch-nemeses the Joker, Mr. Freeze, Catwoman, the Riddler and the Penguin, among others. (Casey Kasem provides the voice of Robin.)
“Sesame Street: Monster Manners” (Sesame Street/DVD, 2014). Segments from “Sesame Street” and some new sequences teach children about courtesy, respect, empathy, patience and manners, including Cookie Monster trying to control his cookie passion long enough to be accepted into the Cookie Connoisseurs Club. Guests include David Hyde Pierce, Colbie Smulders and Zac Efron.
“The Wheels on the Bus: A Day at the Farm” (eOne/DVD, 2014, three episodes.) Roger Daltrey provides the voice of Argon the Dragon in this video series that uses live action, animation and puppetry. Based on the children’s song. For kids ages 1-5.
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested with...
- A dozen children's books I could read every day
- NBC announces lead for live musical 'Peter Pan'
- Sundance's 'Fiddler' makes tradition fun, fresh
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 9
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 6
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2