“Perry Mason: Movie Collection Double Feature 1” (CBS/Paramount/DVD, 1985-86, two movies).
“Perry Mason: Movie Collection Double Feature 2” (CBS/Paramount/DVD, 1985-86, two movies).
“Perry Mason: Movie Collection Double Feature 3” (CBS/Paramount/DVD, 1985-86, two movies). Each of these three discs contains a pair of the TV-movie “specials” that followed the “Perry Mason” series some 20 years later. These are inexpensive double-feature releases of the titles that were in the “Perry Mason Movie Collection: Volume 1” box set, from “Perry Mason Returns” (1985) through “The Case of the Sinister Spirit” (1987).
“Brazil With Michael Palin” (BBC/Blu-ray/DVD, 2012, four episodes). Best known as one of the Monty Python comic sextet, Palin has made a successful second career with travel documentaries. Here, he visits the fifth-largest country in the world, where he meets with remote tribes, vaqueros, soap stars and a prince, among others.
“Cloroformo” (Televisa/DVD, 2012, four discs, 13 episodes, in Spanish with English subtitles). Mexican soap opera set against the world of boxing as five fighters meet in a Mexico City gym, each training for an upcoming match they hope will promote their careers.
“Lo Mejor de la CQ” (Televisa/DVD, four discs, 28 episodes, in Spanish with English subtitles). Live-action kids’ show, a Mexico-Venezuela co-production loosely based on the American sitcom “Saved By the Bell.”
“The Adventures of Batman” (Warner/DVD, 1968-69, two discs, 34 episodes). This is the complete Batman half of the 1960s animated series “The Batman/Superman Hour,” with Batman and Robin encountering their arch-nemeses the Joker, Mr. Freeze, Catwoman, the Riddler and the Penguin, among others. (Casey Kasem provides the voice of Robin.)
“Sesame Street: Monster Manners” (Sesame Street/DVD, 2014). Segments from “Sesame Street” and some new sequences teach children about courtesy, respect, empathy, patience and manners, including Cookie Monster trying to control his cookie passion long enough to be accepted into the Cookie Connoisseurs Club. Guests include David Hyde Pierce, Colbie Smulders and Zac Efron.
“The Wheels on the Bus: A Day at the Farm” (eOne/DVD, 2014, three episodes.) Roger Daltrey provides the voice of Argon the Dragon in this video series that uses live action, animation and puppetry. Based on the children’s song. For kids ages 1-5.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is...
- 10 books that you were forced to read in...
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- Ron Perlman added to Salt Lake Comic Con...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 7
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately... 3
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- Is 'Harry Potter' actually about mental... 2
- EA Sports puts Damian Lillard on the... 2
- Miley Cyrus about VMA success: 'I'm in... 1
- 10 things to know before going to Salt... 1