Utah singer/songwriter Hilary Weeks’ “Say Love” album received the top award in the Contemporary Christian/Gospel category at the 13th Annual Independent Music Awards announced earlier this month by the Music Resource Group, according to a news release from Shadow Mountain Records.
The Independent Music Awards is a program that recognized the work of independent artists and releases in more than 80 categories.
The program receives submissions from previous major-label artists as well as self-released and indie-label talent from more than 70 countries on six continents, according to a news release.
In addition to the panel of judges that selected the recent winners, there is a fan online contest for the 13th IMA Vox Pop Winners with voting online at www.independentmusicawards.com/imanominee/13th.
“Say Love” is Weeks’ 10th studio album and it was releases last September. Weeks, who is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is a frequent presenter at Deseret Book’s Time Out for Women programs. After it was released, "Say Love" was on three Billboard charts, including Top Current Contemporary Christian list, Top Albums-Billboard Top 200 and No. 2 on the Top Current Albums-Salt Lake City.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- Book recounts LDS Church history using Legos
- LDS girl's imagination takes viewers of a new...
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: 'Faith, Family and...
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- LDS Church dedicates Deseret Mill and Pasta...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 93
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 70
- Why I make my kids go to church 51
- LDS university president receives... 18
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 13
- Activists: Islamic State group now... 5
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years... 4
- LDS Church announces groundbreaking... 3