Utah singer/songwriter Hilary Weeks’ “Say Love” album received the top award in the Contemporary Christian/Gospel category at the 13th Annual Independent Music Awards announced earlier this month by the Music Resource Group, according to a news release from Shadow Mountain Records.
The Independent Music Awards is a program that recognized the work of independent artists and releases in more than 80 categories.
The program receives submissions from previous major-label artists as well as self-released and indie-label talent from more than 70 countries on six continents, according to a news release.
In addition to the panel of judges that selected the recent winners, there is a fan online contest for the 13th IMA Vox Pop Winners with voting online at www.independentmusicawards.com/imanominee/13th.
“Say Love” is Weeks’ 10th studio album and it was releases last September. Weeks, who is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is a frequent presenter at Deseret Book’s Time Out for Women programs. After it was released, "Say Love" was on three Billboard charts, including Top Current Contemporary Christian list, Top Albums-Billboard Top 200 and No. 2 on the Top Current Albums-Salt Lake City.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 36
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- Over half a million people attended... 4
- 5 unusual places of worship 4
- Pope Francis to marry couples with... 3