'Frozen' star to perform with Mormon Tabernacle Choir in Pioneer Day concert
Santino Fontana, known for his role as Hans in Disney's hit film "Frozen," will join The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square in this year's Pioneer Day concert, according to a June 13 press release.
The concert, titled "A Summer Celebration of Song," will occur July 18-19 at 8 p.m. in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. The concert will be streamed live at motab.org/PioneerDay during the second performance.
“We are delighted to have Santino Fontana join us for this year’s concerts,” said Ron Jarrett, Mormon Tabernacle Choir president. “His musical talents will delight audiences of all ages whether he is singing Broadway favorites or beloved classical numbers.”
Free tickets can be reserved for those 8 years or older beginning June 17 on a first come, first served basis at LDS.org, the Conference Center ticket office or by calling 801-570-0080, according to Mormon Tabernacle Choir website.
Standby seating will also be available, with a line at the North Gate on Temple Square at 6 p.m.
Fontana was previously nominated for a Tony Award for his role as Prince Topher in Roger's and Hammerstein's "Cinderella."
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir has formerly hosted Katherine Jenkins, Nathan Pacheco and Lindsey Stirling.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of prophets
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 46
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 8
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4
- Over half a million people attended... 4