'Frozen' star to perform with Mormon Tabernacle Choir in Pioneer Day concert
Santino Fontana, known for his role as Hans in Disney's hit film "Frozen," will join The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square in this year's Pioneer Day concert, according to a June 13 press release.
The concert, titled "A Summer Celebration of Song," will occur July 18-19 at 8 p.m. in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. The concert will be streamed live at motab.org/PioneerDay during the second performance.
“We are delighted to have Santino Fontana join us for this year’s concerts,” said Ron Jarrett, Mormon Tabernacle Choir president. “His musical talents will delight audiences of all ages whether he is singing Broadway favorites or beloved classical numbers.”
Free tickets can be reserved for those 8 years or older beginning June 17 on a first come, first served basis at LDS.org, the Conference Center ticket office or by calling 801-570-0080, according to Mormon Tabernacle Choir website.
Standby seating will also be available, with a line at the North Gate on Temple Square at 6 p.m.
Fontana was previously nominated for a Tony Award for his role as Prince Topher in Roger's and Hammerstein's "Cinderella."
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir has formerly hosted Katherine Jenkins, Nathan Pacheco and Lindsey Stirling.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 29
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 16
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 11
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- How would you describe God in just one... 10
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 9
- Does Hollywood demean — or... 9