If you have friends, do whatever you can to spend time with them as often as life allows. But maybe you’re in the same place I am right now. Maybe you’re in a new city, and you don’t know anybody, and then you meet people but they already have their group of friends and circles and you just kind of feel like the oddball out.
It’s easy to get discouraged and feel defeated. It’s easy to cling to the computer and your online friends. Don’t. Find a moms group, a meet up, a park where moms often hang out. Step out of your comfort zone, ask for phone numbers, and be intentional about forming friendships. Sometimes it will fail. But maybe it won’t! Your new best friend could be sitting across from you at the playground feeling just as lonely as you. Don’t convince yourself that you’re the only one in the world that doesn’t have friends. (I really need to practice what I preach )
The point is, don’t let loneliness steal this season from you. It’s precious and it’s beautiful and it will be over way too soon.
Kristen is a writer, a chai drinker, a Jesus lover, and a stay-at-home mom to two ridiculous little boys. She writes unapologetically and sometimes sarcastically about the reality of motherhood on her blog, When at Home. When she's not blogging, she's posting photos of her weird kids on Facebook and photos of her family's adventures on Instagram. Stop in and say hi. Or don't. She's not a cop. This blog was posted here with her permission.
- Understanding love, handling conflict, other...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- After having a baby, dad's brain changes too
- Baby boomers are not selling off homes, but...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie?
- Family of teenage girl with burns on 65...
- Utah company brings Disney characters to...
- Nonprofit intervention program in Arizona...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie? 16
- Want your marriage to last? Have... 13
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 11
- Trust, forgiveness and repentance are... 7
- As Common Core results trickle in,... 6
- Sherry Young: A mother's glimpse into... 5
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- The Clean Cut: 5-year-old British boy... 3