If you have friends, do whatever you can to spend time with them as often as life allows. But maybe you’re in the same place I am right now. Maybe you’re in a new city, and you don’t know anybody, and then you meet people but they already have their group of friends and circles and you just kind of feel like the oddball out.
It’s easy to get discouraged and feel defeated. It’s easy to cling to the computer and your online friends. Don’t. Find a moms group, a meet up, a park where moms often hang out. Step out of your comfort zone, ask for phone numbers, and be intentional about forming friendships. Sometimes it will fail. But maybe it won’t! Your new best friend could be sitting across from you at the playground feeling just as lonely as you. Don’t convince yourself that you’re the only one in the world that doesn’t have friends. (I really need to practice what I preach )
The point is, don’t let loneliness steal this season from you. It’s precious and it’s beautiful and it will be over way too soon.
Kristen is a writer, a chai drinker, a Jesus lover, and a stay-at-home mom to two ridiculous little boys. She writes unapologetically and sometimes sarcastically about the reality of motherhood on her blog, When at Home. When she's not blogging, she's posting photos of her weird kids on Facebook and photos of her family's adventures on Instagram. Stop in and say hi. Or don't. She's not a cop. This blog was posted here with her permission.
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- 12 Disney movies that are coming out in 2015
- Top honeymoon destinations for 2015
- Motherhood Matters: What I learned from...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup... 11
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos... 5
- Family motto helps LDS couple put... 5
- Sherry Young: Nostalgia, airplanes and... 4
- Motherhood Matters: To grouchy moms... 4
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Dad gets 'no-show' bill after... 3