If you have friends, do whatever you can to spend time with them as often as life allows. But maybe you’re in the same place I am right now. Maybe you’re in a new city, and you don’t know anybody, and then you meet people but they already have their group of friends and circles and you just kind of feel like the oddball out.
It’s easy to get discouraged and feel defeated. It’s easy to cling to the computer and your online friends. Don’t. Find a moms group, a meet up, a park where moms often hang out. Step out of your comfort zone, ask for phone numbers, and be intentional about forming friendships. Sometimes it will fail. But maybe it won’t! Your new best friend could be sitting across from you at the playground feeling just as lonely as you. Don’t convince yourself that you’re the only one in the world that doesn’t have friends. (I really need to practice what I preach )
The point is, don’t let loneliness steal this season from you. It’s precious and it’s beautiful and it will be over way too soon.
Kristen is a writer, a chai drinker, a Jesus lover, and a stay-at-home mom to two ridiculous little boys. She writes unapologetically and sometimes sarcastically about the reality of motherhood on her blog, When at Home. When she's not blogging, she's posting photos of her weird kids on Facebook and photos of her family's adventures on Instagram. Stop in and say hi. Or don't. She's not a cop. This blog was posted here with her permission.
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- 3 South Jordan siblings battling rare disease...
- Experts debate whether marriage is needed for...
- If Pinterest makes you feel like a failure as...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose marriage,...
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 28
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 15
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6
- Woman's happiness most important to... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza... 5