Ex-BYU football All-American Gordon Hudson arrested in domestic violence case
Davis County Jail
LAYTON — Former BYU All-American tight end Gordon Hudson was arrested Thursday following a domestic dispute with his wife and stepson.
Hudson was reportedly arguing with his wife shortly after midnight when his 23-year-old stepson intervened, Layton Police Sgt. John Holden said. The two men fought and Hudson left the house before police arrived.
During the fight, Hudson was reportedly punched in the face, Holden said.
Hudson returned to the home a little over an hour later and kicked down the front door, which was locked, Holden said. He also allegedly kicked down his wife's locked bedroom door, and the argument resumed.
Hudson's stepson again intervened, and police said the altercation was witnessed by his two teenage stepdaughters.
Police responded to a 911 call from the home and booked Hudson into the Davis County Jail for investigation of assault, criminal mischief and domestic violence in the presence of a child.
Holden said there were no recent reports of domestic incidents at the Layton home.
In 2011, Hudson was charged in 2nd District Court with misdemeanors for assault, domestic violence in the presence of a child and intoxication, according to court records. Hudson pleaded guilty to class C misdemeanor intoxication and the remaining charges were dropped.
Hudson was ordered to perform community service and pay a fine while he completed an addiction program, court records indicate.
Hudson and quarterback Steve Young earned consensus All-America honors together in 1983, Hudson's senior year playing football at BYU. He totalled 44 catches and six touchdowns before an injury ended his season after eight games.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: McKenzieRomero
- About Utah: He's going public (again) for a...
- Mom who murdered 6 newborns sent to prison...
- County clerks in Utah poring over new law on...
- Man paralyzed in shooting appeals sentence...
- A Utah hiker's dream: A trek that may take...
- 17 pictures that will make you appreciate...
- Woman stole mail from 127 people, police say
- 26-year-old Provo woman missing since...
- County clerks in Utah poring over new... 62
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 27
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 24
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 18
- Pornography conference probes perils,... 16
- Second student sues district over... 15
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth... 11
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 9