Ex-BYU football All-American Gordon Hudson arrested in domestic violence case
Davis County Jail
LAYTON — Former BYU All-American tight end Gordon Hudson was arrested Thursday following a domestic dispute with his wife and stepson.
Hudson was reportedly arguing with his wife shortly after midnight when his 23-year-old stepson intervened, Layton Police Sgt. John Holden said. The two men fought and Hudson left the house before police arrived.
During the fight, Hudson was reportedly punched in the face, Holden said.
Hudson returned to the home a little over an hour later and kicked down the front door, which was locked, Holden said. He also allegedly kicked down his wife's locked bedroom door, and the argument resumed.
Hudson's stepson again intervened, and police said the altercation was witnessed by his two teenage stepdaughters.
Police responded to a 911 call from the home and booked Hudson into the Davis County Jail for investigation of assault, criminal mischief and domestic violence in the presence of a child.
Holden said there were no recent reports of domestic incidents at the Layton home.
In 2011, Hudson was charged in 2nd District Court with misdemeanors for assault, domestic violence in the presence of a child and intoxication, according to court records. Hudson pleaded guilty to class C misdemeanor intoxication and the remaining charges were dropped.
Hudson was ordered to perform community service and pay a fine while he completed an addiction program, court records indicate.
Hudson and quarterback Steve Young earned consensus All-America honors together in 1983, Hudson's senior year playing football at BYU. He totalled 44 catches and six touchdowns before an injury ended his season after eight games.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: McKenzieRomero
- Feds: Utah companies accused of conducting...
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he...
- 107 years of Grace: Cedar City resident still...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- Police identify body found on Ben Lomond...
- Families of 3 missing persons ask for...
- Census: Utah has youngest newlyweds, high...
- New barriers, other security measures to...
- 200 gather at Utah Capitol in support... 47
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 32
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 30
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 21
- Census: Utah has youngest newlyweds,... 16
- Man fighting for custody of daughter... 15
- Utah GOP, state appear headed to court... 12
- A new approach: What the poor can teach... 8