On the heels of a "Reading Rainbow" revival, Netflix and Scholastic Media announced their plans to collaborate on a 26-episode reboot of "The Magic School Bus."
"The Magic School Bus 360°" will continue to excite kids about science while featuring a new computer-generated look, advanced scientific gadgets and the beloved Ms. Frizzle, according to The New York Times.
The series is expected to be released on Netflix in 2016.
Deborah Forte, Scholastic Media president and executive producer of "The Magic SchoolBus 360°" and the original "Magic School Bus" series, discussed the new show in a press release.
"Our new rendition 'The Magic School Bus 360°' is a similarly compelling addition to the current landscape of children’s programming and on Netflix is bound to reach more families around the world than ever before who will now be able to watch the show anytime, anywhere they want," Forte said.
"The Magic School Bus" original series is the longest-running kids science program and has recently found new popularity on Netflix.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- 9 Mormon moments in Sundance Film Festival...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- Dear Dad, you’re doing it all wrong (a...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Southern California conference... 13
- Pornography addiction: another reason... 11
- Erin Stewart: Is free-range parenting... 8
- The U.S. could do much more for abused... 7
- The Clean Cut: New BMW i3 Super Bowl ad... 2
- From the Homefront: The good game:... 2
- Emma Watson to star in live-action... 1