On the heels of a "Reading Rainbow" revival, Netflix and Scholastic Media announced their plans to collaborate on a 26-episode reboot of "The Magic School Bus."
"The Magic School Bus 360°" will continue to excite kids about science while featuring a new computer-generated look, advanced scientific gadgets and the beloved Ms. Frizzle, according to The New York Times.
The series is expected to be released on Netflix in 2016.
Deborah Forte, Scholastic Media president and executive producer of "The Magic SchoolBus 360°" and the original "Magic School Bus" series, discussed the new show in a press release.
"Our new rendition 'The Magic School Bus 360°' is a similarly compelling addition to the current landscape of children’s programming and on Netflix is bound to reach more families around the world than ever before who will now be able to watch the show anytime, anywhere they want," Forte said.
"The Magic School Bus" original series is the longest-running kids science program and has recently found new popularity on Netflix.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utah families share tragic stories of teens...
- The Clean Cut: Lindsey Stirling visits the...
- Mom calls out Toys R Us for selling fake...
- Playing favorites can increase the chance a...
- Work of two Utah students featured in...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge... 8
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to... 8
- This type of high school can increase... 7
- Studio C teams up with popular indie... 6
- Bound together: marriage rates and the... 5
- It's 2014: Are all our schools... 5
- Can too many dating options be a... 5
- Watch: Wheatley conference on family 5