On the heels of a "Reading Rainbow" revival, Netflix and Scholastic Media announced their plans to collaborate on a 26-episode reboot of "The Magic School Bus."
"The Magic School Bus 360°" will continue to excite kids about science while featuring a new computer-generated look, advanced scientific gadgets and the beloved Ms. Frizzle, according to The New York Times.
The series is expected to be released on Netflix in 2016.
Deborah Forte, Scholastic Media president and executive producer of "The Magic SchoolBus 360°" and the original "Magic School Bus" series, discussed the new show in a press release.
"Our new rendition 'The Magic School Bus 360°' is a similarly compelling addition to the current landscape of children’s programming and on Netflix is bound to reach more families around the world than ever before who will now be able to watch the show anytime, anywhere they want," Forte said.
"The Magic School Bus" original series is the longest-running kids science program and has recently found new popularity on Netflix.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- Want your marriage to last? Have another child
- U.S. kids react — hilariously —...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie?
- A community comes together to support a...
- The Clean Cut: Children taste dark chocolate...
- UTubers: Al Fox Carraway talks about...
- As Common Core results trickle in, initial...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie? 14
- Want your marriage to last? Have... 12
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 9
- Parents using infertility treatment to... 7
- Sherry Young: A mother's glimpse into... 5
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- Trust, forgiveness and repentance are... 5
- As Common Core results trickle in,... 3