On the heels of a "Reading Rainbow" revival, Netflix and Scholastic Media announced their plans to collaborate on a 26-episode reboot of "The Magic School Bus."
"The Magic School Bus 360°" will continue to excite kids about science while featuring a new computer-generated look, advanced scientific gadgets and the beloved Ms. Frizzle, according to The New York Times.
The series is expected to be released on Netflix in 2016.
Deborah Forte, Scholastic Media president and executive producer of "The Magic SchoolBus 360°" and the original "Magic School Bus" series, discussed the new show in a press release.
"Our new rendition 'The Magic School Bus 360°' is a similarly compelling addition to the current landscape of children’s programming and on Netflix is bound to reach more families around the world than ever before who will now be able to watch the show anytime, anywhere they want," Forte said.
"The Magic School Bus" original series is the longest-running kids science program and has recently found new popularity on Netflix.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- 'Maze Runner,' based on Utah author's novel,...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Why do we love bad movies?
- The Clean Cut: New 'Simba cam' takes over...
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 33
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale... 9
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have... 6
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be... 4
- These are the new life milestones for... 4
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 4