On the heels of a "Reading Rainbow" revival, Netflix and Scholastic Media announced their plans to collaborate on a 26-episode reboot of "The Magic School Bus."
"The Magic School Bus 360°" will continue to excite kids about science while featuring a new computer-generated look, advanced scientific gadgets and the beloved Ms. Frizzle, according to The New York Times.
The series is expected to be released on Netflix in 2016.
Deborah Forte, Scholastic Media president and executive producer of "The Magic SchoolBus 360°" and the original "Magic School Bus" series, discussed the new show in a press release.
"Our new rendition 'The Magic School Bus 360°' is a similarly compelling addition to the current landscape of children’s programming and on Netflix is bound to reach more families around the world than ever before who will now be able to watch the show anytime, anywhere they want," Forte said.
"The Magic School Bus" original series is the longest-running kids science program and has recently found new popularity on Netflix.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Zuckerberg and wife, in letter to new...
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- BYU Vocal Point, One Voice Children's Choir...
- All Blacks perform haka tribute for deceased...
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- Can you put a price on parent-child quality...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Getting things...
- Charities, volunteers unite to allow...
- Zuckerberg and wife, in letter to new... 7
- These touching Christmas ads will melt... 3
- More young women are living at home now... 2
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes 1
- Prehistoric lessons: What children can... 1
- Surprising success: 'A Charlie Brown... 1
- Seasonal stagings: Area theaters host... 1
- Michelle Singletary: Plan for money and... 1