TAYLORSVILLE — Salt Lake Community College has named Nancy Michalko as the school’s new executive director of development. Michalko will lead SLCC’s fundraising efforts in areas including scholarships and facilities.
Michalko has worked at Westminster College, State University of New York and Yale University. Most recently, she was the scholarship adviser for Park City High School.
“There’s no question that every single person I ask about Salt Lake Community College talks about the quality of the professors and teachers and their love for the teachers they’ve had here,” Michalko said. “They make personal relationships with these kids. So, that’s been very impressive.”
Michalko is a graduate of Wheeling Jesuit University with a bachelor's degree in public relations and marketing. A native of West Virginia, she is a member of Council for Advancement and Support of Education and is a past president of the Utah Society of Fund Raisers.
- Chronic absence a 'huge contributor' to...
- Memorial dedicated to community activist...
- LA school police to give back grenade launchers
- Hours and services changing at Dinosaur...
- Bus ads bringing thousands of dollars in revenue
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Utah senator aims to bring computer coding to...
- University of Utah professor to receive...
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- Lawmakers, business leaders back bill... 8
- Chronic absence a 'huge contributor' to... 5
- House approves early childhood... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with... 2
- Top 15 states for education 2
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2