Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News Archives
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police are investigating a third incident that appears to be related to an attempted assault at an elderly woman's home and a window peeking at another home on Tuesday.
The third incident occurred about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in a home near 6200 West and 3500 South. A woman screamed after discovering an unidentified man inside her home, and the man ran out of the house.
Police say the man may have entered the home through an unlocked door.
The description of the intruder is similar to what was provided by the victims of Tuesday's incidents, according to police.
The first incident took place just before 5 a.m. Tuesday at an elderly woman's home in the same neighborhood. She was sitting at her kitchen table when the intruder entered through an unlocked door. The man attempted to assault the woman but fled when she screamed for help.
The second incident on Tuesday occurred 40 minutes later and two blocks to the northwest. A woman preparing for work observed a man watching her through the glass door of her home from the backyard. The woman reached for the phone and yelled that she was calling the police, and the man left.
Based on the nature of the incidents, the geographic proximity and corroborating descriptions, police believe the three cases are related.
Police described the man as white; in his 20s or early 30s; 5 feet, 6 or 7 inches tall; with an average build. Victims described him as wearing a knit or beanie-style hat.
Anyone with information about the incidents is asked to contact West Valley police at 801-840-4000.
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- LDS position on gay, religious rights may...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- Streamlined FanX event is a win for Salt Lake...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Logan woman paralyzed from the waist down to...
- Jackie Biskupski kicks off campaign for Salt...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 205
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 168
- Romney decision not to run again... 48
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Business community supports tax... 22
- Rep. Chris Stewart says he's working on... 19
- LDS position on gay, religious rights... 18