Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News Archives
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police are investigating a third incident that appears to be related to an attempted assault at an elderly woman's home and a window peeking at another home on Tuesday.
The third incident occurred about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in a home near 6200 West and 3500 South. A woman screamed after discovering an unidentified man inside her home, and the man ran out of the house.
Police say the man may have entered the home through an unlocked door.
The description of the intruder is similar to what was provided by the victims of Tuesday's incidents, according to police.
The first incident took place just before 5 a.m. Tuesday at an elderly woman's home in the same neighborhood. She was sitting at her kitchen table when the intruder entered through an unlocked door. The man attempted to assault the woman but fled when she screamed for help.
The second incident on Tuesday occurred 40 minutes later and two blocks to the northwest. A woman preparing for work observed a man watching her through the glass door of her home from the backyard. The woman reached for the phone and yelled that she was calling the police, and the man left.
Based on the nature of the incidents, the geographic proximity and corroborating descriptions, police believe the three cases are related.
Police described the man as white; in his 20s or early 30s; 5 feet, 6 or 7 inches tall; with an average build. Victims described him as wearing a knit or beanie-style hat.
Anyone with information about the incidents is asked to contact West Valley police at 801-840-4000.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- Herriman woman wants murder charge in death...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 13