Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News Archives
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police are investigating a third incident that appears to be related to an attempted assault at an elderly woman's home and a window peeking at another home on Tuesday.
The third incident occurred about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in a home near 6200 West and 3500 South. A woman screamed after discovering an unidentified man inside her home, and the man ran out of the house.
Police say the man may have entered the home through an unlocked door.
The description of the intruder is similar to what was provided by the victims of Tuesday's incidents, according to police.
The first incident took place just before 5 a.m. Tuesday at an elderly woman's home in the same neighborhood. She was sitting at her kitchen table when the intruder entered through an unlocked door. The man attempted to assault the woman but fled when she screamed for help.
The second incident on Tuesday occurred 40 minutes later and two blocks to the northwest. A woman preparing for work observed a man watching her through the glass door of her home from the backyard. The woman reached for the phone and yelled that she was calling the police, and the man left.
Based on the nature of the incidents, the geographic proximity and corroborating descriptions, police believe the three cases are related.
Police described the man as white; in his 20s or early 30s; 5 feet, 6 or 7 inches tall; with an average build. Victims described him as wearing a knit or beanie-style hat.
Anyone with information about the incidents is asked to contact West Valley police at 801-840-4000.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 33
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8