Price Police Department
PRICE — An Orangeville man is facing a DUI charge after a spectacular Tuesday night crash that ended with his truck overturned in the front yard of a Price home.
Chandler Gary Peacock, 22, was driving north on Carbon Avenue about 11:15 p.m. when he lost control of his pickup truck, according to Price Police Capt. Bill Barnes.
The truck drifted right, hit the curb, went through a chainlink fence in front of one house and hit a cement retaining wall, Barnes said. The collision with the wall vaulted the full-size truck through the vinyl fence of a neighboring house. The truck then hit a tree and the cement front porch of the second house, landing upside down, the captain said.
The crash did "extensive damage" to city property, private property and Peacock's truck, Barnes said.
Peacock allegedly told officers he had set the truck's cruise control at 45 mph sometime before he fell asleep at the wheel. The speed limit where the crash happened is 30 mph.
A preliminary breath test taken at the scene showed that Peacock had a blood-alcohol content of .104, Barnes said. He was subsequently taken to Castleview Hospital where a blood sample was taken for testing by the state crime lab.
Officers cited Peacock for DUI and improper lane travel before releasing him to his mother, Barnes said.
— Geoff Liesik
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Fire rips through Draper garage during...
- Three Salt Lake City golf courses slated for...
- Job A Day program gives homeless people...
- Emergency preparedness deals for the...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 22
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15