Price Police Department
PRICE — An Orangeville man is facing a DUI charge after a spectacular Tuesday night crash that ended with his truck overturned in the front yard of a Price home.
Chandler Gary Peacock, 22, was driving north on Carbon Avenue about 11:15 p.m. when he lost control of his pickup truck, according to Price Police Capt. Bill Barnes.
The truck drifted right, hit the curb, went through a chainlink fence in front of one house and hit a cement retaining wall, Barnes said. The collision with the wall vaulted the full-size truck through the vinyl fence of a neighboring house. The truck then hit a tree and the cement front porch of the second house, landing upside down, the captain said.
The crash did "extensive damage" to city property, private property and Peacock's truck, Barnes said.
Peacock allegedly told officers he had set the truck's cruise control at 45 mph sometime before he fell asleep at the wheel. The speed limit where the crash happened is 30 mph.
A preliminary breath test taken at the scene showed that Peacock had a blood-alcohol content of .104, Barnes said. He was subsequently taken to Castleview Hospital where a blood sample was taken for testing by the state crime lab.
Officers cited Peacock for DUI and improper lane travel before releasing him to his mother, Barnes said.
— Geoff Liesik
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- 10-month-old girl drowns in bathtub in Eagle...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 64
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 53
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 40
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15