Price Police Department
PRICE — An Orangeville man is facing a DUI charge after a spectacular Tuesday night crash that ended with his truck overturned in the front yard of a Price home.
Chandler Gary Peacock, 22, was driving north on Carbon Avenue about 11:15 p.m. when he lost control of his pickup truck, according to Price Police Capt. Bill Barnes.
The truck drifted right, hit the curb, went through a chainlink fence in front of one house and hit a cement retaining wall, Barnes said. The collision with the wall vaulted the full-size truck through the vinyl fence of a neighboring house. The truck then hit a tree and the cement front porch of the second house, landing upside down, the captain said.
The crash did "extensive damage" to city property, private property and Peacock's truck, Barnes said.
Peacock allegedly told officers he had set the truck's cruise control at 45 mph sometime before he fell asleep at the wheel. The speed limit where the crash happened is 30 mph.
A preliminary breath test taken at the scene showed that Peacock had a blood-alcohol content of .104, Barnes said. He was subsequently taken to Castleview Hospital where a blood sample was taken for testing by the state crime lab.
Officers cited Peacock for DUI and improper lane travel before releasing him to his mother, Barnes said.
— Geoff Liesik
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Family of drowned Weber County man hopes free...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 22