Price Police Department
PRICE — An Orangeville man is facing a DUI charge after a spectacular Tuesday night crash that ended with his truck overturned in the front yard of a Price home.
Chandler Gary Peacock, 22, was driving north on Carbon Avenue about 11:15 p.m. when he lost control of his pickup truck, according to Price Police Capt. Bill Barnes.
The truck drifted right, hit the curb, went through a chainlink fence in front of one house and hit a cement retaining wall, Barnes said. The collision with the wall vaulted the full-size truck through the vinyl fence of a neighboring house. The truck then hit a tree and the cement front porch of the second house, landing upside down, the captain said.
The crash did "extensive damage" to city property, private property and Peacock's truck, Barnes said.
Peacock allegedly told officers he had set the truck's cruise control at 45 mph sometime before he fell asleep at the wheel. The speed limit where the crash happened is 30 mph.
A preliminary breath test taken at the scene showed that Peacock had a blood-alcohol content of .104, Barnes said. He was subsequently taken to Castleview Hospital where a blood sample was taken for testing by the state crime lab.
Officers cited Peacock for DUI and improper lane travel before releasing him to his mother, Barnes said.
— Geoff Liesik
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Attorney for mom charged with killing 6...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 76
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Herbert on Common Core: 'We are going... 37
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14