Box Elder County Fire
TREMONTON, Box Elder County — A fire at a hay plant has caused between $8 million and $10 million in damage, fire officials said Thursday.
The blaze broke out at Bailey Farms International hay plant, 4600 N. Iowa String Road, Wednesday night and continued to burn Thursday.
The fire exited the building and spread to a propane tank. The propane tank exploded and ignited piles of hay. Towering flames burned throughout Wednesday night.
Firefighters could not enter the building to suppress the blaze because the buildings were structurally unsound, according to Box Elder County Fire Marshal Corey Barton. The fire was not near any residences, and fire officials planned to let the fire burn itself out.
"It's in a very safe area so we're just going to monitor it and let it go," he said. "It's going to burn for a long time."
Barton said that due to the extreme size and intensity of the fire, it is unlikely a cause will be determined.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah
- Second student sues district over teacher's...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Slain Brigham City mom remembered as loving,...
- Clearfield man intentionally punched woman...
- The startling projections of a quake in Salt...
- LDS Church, other religions urge... 102
- Married lesbian couple sues Utah to be... 65
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 22
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 21
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20