Box Elder County Fire
TREMONTON, Box Elder County — A fire at a hay plant has caused between $8 million and $10 million in damage, fire officials said Thursday.
The blaze broke out at Bailey Farms International hay plant, 4600 N. Iowa String Road, Wednesday night and continued to burn Thursday.
The fire exited the building and spread to a propane tank. The propane tank exploded and ignited piles of hay. Towering flames burned throughout Wednesday night.
Firefighters could not enter the building to suppress the blaze because the buildings were structurally unsound, according to Box Elder County Fire Marshal Corey Barton. The fire was not near any residences, and fire officials planned to let the fire burn itself out.
"It's in a very safe area so we're just going to monitor it and let it go," he said. "It's going to burn for a long time."
Barton said that due to the extreme size and intensity of the fire, it is unlikely a cause will be determined.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Sen. Mike Lee 'flattered' but not interested...
- Senator makes good on wager from BYU-Nebraska...
- Poll shows Becker, Biskupski locked in tight...
- Gov. Herbert: Medicaid expansion efforts...
- Woman shot in Millcreek attack moved to...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- School trust lands, conservation group join...
- Armed man arrested at Huntington Power Plant
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 73
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 41
- Utah's plan for Medicaid expansion is... 29
- Women leaders in Utah forging their own... 18
- Gov. Herbert: Medicaid expansion... 16
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't... 15
- Sen. Mike Lee 'flattered' but not... 15
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor... 14