Several weeks ago, an article in the Deseret News told of two girls who had watched a program where they were told they must kill someone. This resulted in their stabbing to death another girl at a sleepover.
Do we really need physical evidence in the brain to know that thoughts do lead to actions? Our political leaders are so concerned about every facet of our food diets with no concern about our mental diets. The incidences of shocking, revolting physical and sexual abuse fill our daily news. The result: millions suffer lifetimes of trauma. Yet, our leaders (and too many of us) worry about trivial things while the innocent suffer. I would love to hear our president condemn the root causes of these crimes — evil thoughts.
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21