Several weeks ago, an article in the Deseret News told of two girls who had watched a program where they were told they must kill someone. This resulted in their stabbing to death another girl at a sleepover.
Do we really need physical evidence in the brain to know that thoughts do lead to actions? Our political leaders are so concerned about every facet of our food diets with no concern about our mental diets. The incidences of shocking, revolting physical and sexual abuse fill our daily news. The result: millions suffer lifetimes of trauma. Yet, our leaders (and too many of us) worry about trivial things while the innocent suffer. I would love to hear our president condemn the root causes of these crimes — evil thoughts.
- In our opinion: Declaration of Independence...
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- My view: Everything you think you know about...
- Letter: Patriotism has not died
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- Letter: The Fourth
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the...
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 95
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21