Jim Carrey talks family, failure and the future in commencement speech (+video)
Famed comedian Jim Carrey recently spoke at the commencement for the Maharishi University of Management. He spoke of his father and the lessons he learned about failing and succeeding in life.
“My father could have been a great comedian, but he didn’t believe that that was possible for him, and so he made a conservative choice,” Carrey said. “Instead, he got a safe job as an accountant, and when I was 12 years old, he was let go from that safe job and our family had to do everything we could to survive.
“I learned many great lessons from my father,” he continued, “not the least of which is you can fail at what you don’t want, so why not take a chance at doing what you love?”
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- The most overlooked characteristic of the...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- There's no escaping 'Saturday Night Live'
- ‘Big Hero 6,’ ‘Feast’...
- The Clean Cut: Groom makes vows not only to...
- The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases clean...
- Erin Stewart: Why I vaccinate my... 21
- The Clean Cut: Lady Gaga stuns with... 20
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 5
- The Internet and depression: How... 4
- For kids older than 2, a nap may only... 2
- There's no escaping 'Saturday Night Live' 2
- LDS couple shares faith after 8 years... 1
- Saving Eliza: Family captures moments... 1