Jim Carrey talks family, failure and the future in commencement speech (+video)
Famed comedian Jim Carrey recently spoke at the commencement for the Maharishi University of Management. He spoke of his father and the lessons he learned about failing and succeeding in life.
“My father could have been a great comedian, but he didn’t believe that that was possible for him, and so he made a conservative choice,” Carrey said. “Instead, he got a safe job as an accountant, and when I was 12 years old, he was let go from that safe job and our family had to do everything we could to survive.
“I learned many great lessons from my father,” he continued, “not the least of which is you can fail at what you don’t want, so why not take a chance at doing what you love?”
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- The Clean Cut: Military father surprises...
- 10 compliments your kids need to hear
- 42 ways to make your kids feel absolutely loved
- Stuart Edge, Alex Boye, other Utah artists...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- The economy has begun to recover, but... 24
- Things that changed my view of marriage... 24
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 15
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith... 12
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 11
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 6
- Woman's happiness most important to... 5