Jim Carrey talks family, failure and the future in commencement speech (+video)
Famed comedian Jim Carrey recently spoke at the commencement for the Maharishi University of Management. He spoke of his father and the lessons he learned about failing and succeeding in life.
“My father could have been a great comedian, but he didn’t believe that that was possible for him, and so he made a conservative choice,” Carrey said. “Instead, he got a safe job as an accountant, and when I was 12 years old, he was let go from that safe job and our family had to do everything we could to survive.
“I learned many great lessons from my father,” he continued, “not the least of which is you can fail at what you don’t want, so why not take a chance at doing what you love?”
- Why my husband never sleeps on the couch and...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions stealing...
- 2015 summer festivals and celebrations around...
- 21 things to look forward to at Disneyland's...
- Motherhood Matters: 6 ways to help your shy...
- It's 'trauma season' in Utah for children
- Why my husband never sleeps on the... 22
- Family stress and poverty affect... 12
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12
- Why exposing your children to another... 7
- How strict should parents really be? 5
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions... 5
- How different types of mothers have... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4