Jim Carrey talks family, failure and the future in commencement speech (+video)
Famed comedian Jim Carrey recently spoke at the commencement for the Maharishi University of Management. He spoke of his father and the lessons he learned about failing and succeeding in life.
“My father could have been a great comedian, but he didn’t believe that that was possible for him, and so he made a conservative choice,” Carrey said. “Instead, he got a safe job as an accountant, and when I was 12 years old, he was let go from that safe job and our family had to do everything we could to survive.
“I learned many great lessons from my father,” he continued, “not the least of which is you can fail at what you don’t want, so why not take a chance at doing what you love?”
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- 6-year-old 'Rapunzel' donates hair to...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s...
- The Clean Cut: This ATM gives people much...
- The Clean Cut: 3-year-old drumming prodigy...
- Two powerful forces make American... 27
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 19
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 15
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s... 14
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Many adults delay parenthood for these... 5
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4