Jim Carrey talks family, failure and the future in commencement speech (+video)
Famed comedian Jim Carrey recently spoke at the commencement for the Maharishi University of Management. He spoke of his father and the lessons he learned about failing and succeeding in life.
“My father could have been a great comedian, but he didn’t believe that that was possible for him, and so he made a conservative choice,” Carrey said. “Instead, he got a safe job as an accountant, and when I was 12 years old, he was let go from that safe job and our family had to do everything we could to survive.
“I learned many great lessons from my father,” he continued, “not the least of which is you can fail at what you don’t want, so why not take a chance at doing what you love?”
- Power of Moms: The 21-day motherhood challenge
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- A simple way to know that you're with the...
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is time to...
- Does an American child really go missing...
- The one joke we make about love may actually...
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 47
- Erin Stewart: Are trampolines too... 18
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- Does an American child really go... 3
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to... 3
- 1 in 7 Americans has this kind of marriage 2
- The one joke we make about love may... 2