SOUTH SALT LAKE — The Granite Board of Education approved revisions to the Granite District 2014-15 school year calendar during its most recent meeting.
The Utah Legislature requires school districts to notify district patrons of changes to calendars in advance of the school year.
Revisions include adding 2.5 teacher contract days (for a total of five) before the first day of school, adding full teacher contract days to the end of terms for an additional 1.5 days (for a total of three), and the legislative instruction exemption day during spring recess, Thursday, April 2.
Students will have recess on the exemption day, as well as Friday, April 3, and Monday, April 6. An emergency closure makeup day is slated for Tuesday, April 7. Students will have recess that day if it is not needed for school closing makeup.
The complete schedule is available at graniteschools.org.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14