SOUTH SALT LAKE — The Granite Board of Education approved revisions to the Granite District 2014-15 school year calendar during its most recent meeting.
The Utah Legislature requires school districts to notify district patrons of changes to calendars in advance of the school year.
Revisions include adding 2.5 teacher contract days (for a total of five) before the first day of school, adding full teacher contract days to the end of terms for an additional 1.5 days (for a total of three), and the legislative instruction exemption day during spring recess, Thursday, April 2.
Students will have recess on the exemption day, as well as Friday, April 3, and Monday, April 6. An emergency closure makeup day is slated for Tuesday, April 7. Students will have recess that day if it is not needed for school closing makeup.
The complete schedule is available at graniteschools.org.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Wyoming authorities to speak about Utah rail...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- Fruit Heights to shut off water system...
- Kaysville to fete retiring city manager at...
- Deerlodge Road to undergo $5.6M in improvements
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 35
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 25