SOUTH SALT LAKE — The Granite Board of Education approved revisions to the Granite District 2014-15 school year calendar during its most recent meeting.
The Utah Legislature requires school districts to notify district patrons of changes to calendars in advance of the school year.
Revisions include adding 2.5 teacher contract days (for a total of five) before the first day of school, adding full teacher contract days to the end of terms for an additional 1.5 days (for a total of three), and the legislative instruction exemption day during spring recess, Thursday, April 2.
Students will have recess on the exemption day, as well as Friday, April 3, and Monday, April 6. An emergency closure makeup day is slated for Tuesday, April 7. Students will have recess that day if it is not needed for school closing makeup.
The complete schedule is available at graniteschools.org.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14