Courtesy Provo Police Department
PROVO — Police are seeking the public's help in identifying a person of interest in a suspicious fire that broke out Tuesday.
Provo detectives released surveillance footage Wednesday morning that shows a man buying gasoline from a 7-Eleven at Geneva and Center streets about one hour before the suspicious fire started.
The fire was ignited in an abandoned home at 1585 W. Center at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday. It was the second fire at the home since April.
Investigators have not determined the cause of Tuesday's fire, but they believe it may be connected with arson cases that occurred at and near the home in April.
Provo Fire Chief Gary Jolley said there are a number of tests and criteria that must be met before officials can confirm Tuesday's fire was also arson.
Those who recognize the man in the footage are asked to call the Provo Police Department at 801-852-6210.
— Whitney Evans
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Police seek your help finding man, woman in...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Rally in support of police also draws... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 21
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9