Courtesy Provo Police Department
PROVO — Police are seeking the public's help in identifying a person of interest in a suspicious fire that broke out Tuesday.
Provo detectives released surveillance footage Wednesday morning that shows a man buying gasoline from a 7-Eleven at Geneva and Center streets about one hour before the suspicious fire started.
The fire was ignited in an abandoned home at 1585 W. Center at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday. It was the second fire at the home since April.
Investigators have not determined the cause of Tuesday's fire, but they believe it may be connected with arson cases that occurred at and near the home in April.
Provo Fire Chief Gary Jolley said there are a number of tests and criteria that must be met before officials can confirm Tuesday's fire was also arson.
Those who recognize the man in the footage are asked to call the Provo Police Department at 801-852-6210.
— Whitney Evans
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 39
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 24
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11