Courtesy Provo Police Department
PROVO — Police are seeking the public's help in identifying a person of interest in a suspicious fire that broke out Tuesday.
Provo detectives released surveillance footage Wednesday morning that shows a man buying gasoline from a 7-Eleven at Geneva and Center streets about one hour before the suspicious fire started.
The fire was ignited in an abandoned home at 1585 W. Center at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday. It was the second fire at the home since April.
Investigators have not determined the cause of Tuesday's fire, but they believe it may be connected with arson cases that occurred at and near the home in April.
Provo Fire Chief Gary Jolley said there are a number of tests and criteria that must be met before officials can confirm Tuesday's fire was also arson.
Those who recognize the man in the footage are asked to call the Provo Police Department at 801-852-6210.
— Whitney Evans
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14