Courtesy Provo Police Department
PROVO — Police are seeking the public's help in identifying a person of interest in a suspicious fire that broke out Tuesday.
Provo detectives released surveillance footage Wednesday morning that shows a man buying gasoline from a 7-Eleven at Geneva and Center streets about one hour before the suspicious fire started.
The fire was ignited in an abandoned home at 1585 W. Center at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday. It was the second fire at the home since April.
Investigators have not determined the cause of Tuesday's fire, but they believe it may be connected with arson cases that occurred at and near the home in April.
Provo Fire Chief Gary Jolley said there are a number of tests and criteria that must be met before officials can confirm Tuesday's fire was also arson.
Those who recognize the man in the footage are asked to call the Provo Police Department at 801-852-6210.
— Whitney Evans
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8