Courtesy Provo Police Department
PROVO — Police are seeking the public's help in identifying a person of interest in a suspicious fire that broke out Tuesday.
Provo detectives released surveillance footage Wednesday morning that shows a man buying gasoline from a 7-Eleven at Geneva and Center streets about one hour before the suspicious fire started.
The fire was ignited in an abandoned home at 1585 W. Center at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday. It was the second fire at the home since April.
Investigators have not determined the cause of Tuesday's fire, but they believe it may be connected with arson cases that occurred at and near the home in April.
Provo Fire Chief Gary Jolley said there are a number of tests and criteria that must be met before officials can confirm Tuesday's fire was also arson.
Those who recognize the man in the footage are asked to call the Provo Police Department at 801-852-6210.
— Whitney Evans
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21