Utah Highway Patrol
HAMILTON FORT, Iron County — A Nevada woman died Tuesday after her vehicle rolled in southern Utah.
Tamara Gross, 49, was driving south on I-15 just after 5 p.m. when her Ford Excursion drifted toward the median and she overcorrected, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The SUV then began to slide to the right, and Gross attempted to correct back toward the left, UHP reported. The vehicle hit the median and rolled two times and came to a stop on its side.
Gross, a resident of Mesquite, Nevada, was wearing a seat belt and sustained critical head trauma, UHP Sgt. Todd Royce said. She was transported to an area hospital where she died.
Gross was alone in the vehicle at the time of the crash.
— McKenzie Romero
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 25
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22