SALT LAKE CITY — Basketball players will have a chance to hit the courts for a good cause in the Salt Lake Hoopfest three-on-three tournament.
The event is in partnership with the Eaton Alliance Foundation to bring awareness to autism. Teams will compete on outdoor courts in downtown Salt Lake City at the parking lot northeast of EnergySolutions Arena, 300 West and South Temple. The tournament begins on June 21 at 8 a.m., and play continues throughout the day until about 6 p.m.
Teams from third grade to adults of all ages, including youth, family, co-ed and elite divisions are invited to play.
“We are excited to bring Hoopfest to downtown Salt Lake,” said Dan Hartman, Hoopfest director and avid basketball fan. "Hoopfest is designed to grow and become a great event for downtown Salt Lake.”
Hartman pointed out that teams who have athletes with autism will get to play for free.
“We are playing to bring more awareness to autism and have teamed up with the Eaton Alliance Foundation to support these kids and families who may be impacted by autism,” he said.
The tournament will include a Dunk Contest, beginning at 4 p.m., featuring Jordan Loveridge from the University of Utah basketball team, and Chris Miles, former BYU basketball player.
Registration is open through June 18, and teams can register at www.saltlakecityhoopfest.com. All participating teams will play in a tournament-style format with 15 other teams. Hoopfest brackets will be revealed Wednesday, June 19, at noon.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Tourists rescued after road collapses,...
- Man dies after being shot in the head at Salt...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 33
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Utah to appeal polygamy ruling in... 13