BYU men's basketball releases 2014-15 nonconference schedule
Matt Gade, Deseret News
Three games in the Maui Invitational, home contests against Stanford and UMass and three games against in-state foes, including a home date against Utah, highlight the 2014-15 BYU men's basketball nonconference schedule released Tuesday.
The Cougars' nonconference slate will include seven home games, two on the road and four at neutral sites.
BYU opens play with its annual Cougar Tipoff on Oct. 29 that will be followed by two exhibition games on Nov. 1 and Nov. 8. Its regular season begins with a home matchup against Long Beach State on Nov. 14.
The Cougars will head to Hawaii for the Maui Invitational from Nov. 24-26. This year's Maui field includes Arizona, Chaminade, Kansas State, Missouri, Pittsburgh, Purdue and San Diego State.
BYU will play Stanford and UMass, a pair of NCAA tournament teams last season, on Dec. 20 and Dec. 23, respectively, in its final two games before West Coast Conference play begins. The Cougars played both teams on the road last season, defeating the Cardinal 112-103 at Maples Pavilion while falling to the ranked Minutemen 105-96.
The Cougars host rival Utah on Dec. 10, and will also play at Utah State (Dec. 2) and Weber State (Dec. 13).
Other games of interest include a neutral-site matchup with Hawaii at EnergySolutions Arena on Dec. 6 and BYU's first-ever matchup with Southern Virginia at the Marriott Center on Nov. 19.
For a look at the nonconference schedule, click here.
Email: bjudd@deseretnews; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- BYU star Tyler Haws' whirlwind workout tour...
- Ranking the best small forwards in the NBA...
- Several early season game times set for Utah,...
- Morning links: Are Aussies the NBA's secret...
- Brad Rock: Haws family has worldview on...
- Ranking the best running backs in University...
- Dick Harmon: Larry Krystkowiak chimes in on...
- Morning links: Sports figures react to... 124
- Utah football: QB Wilson determined to... 38
- Several early season game times set for... 31
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 21
- Dick Harmon: Larry Krystkowiak chimes... 17
- Dick Harmon: As Marriott Center gets... 16
- His legacy at BYU secure, Tyler Haws... 13
- Former BYU guard Tyler Haws to work out... 13