Book review: 'Real Manhood' directs men to look to God for answers
"REAL MANHOOD: Being the Man God Made You to Be," by Creflo Dollar, FaithWords, $22, 175 pages (nf)
In his latest book, “Real Manhood,” Creflo Dollar identifies challenges men face today, such as fear, lust, addictions and financial stress, and encourages them to look to God for answers.
“The best way for a man to build himself up is by viewing himself and his life by God’s measurement — His Word,” Dollar writes.
Dollar devotes an entire chapter to the prevalent problem of pornography, calling it an “assault on your soul,” and offers sound advice on overcoming the addiction.
The general advice he offers is based on solid principles that can be relevant to men or women of any faith.
The author is the founder and senior pastor of World Changers Church International, with congregations totaling more than 40,000 people located in College Park, Georgia, and New York City, as well as satellite churches throughout the United States. He and his wife, Taffi, live in Atlanta with their five children.
Rosemarie Howard lives in a 100-year-old house on Main Street in Springville. She enjoys creating multimedia projects. Her website is at dramaticdimensions.com.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Harry Potter trivia quiz: Can you get 10...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Motherhood Matters: How to control a teenager
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of...
- Managing your loved one's digital estate...
- Guest commentary: Kids don't need to train...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 14
- It's safe to vaccinate kids —... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 5
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- Many adults delay parenthood for these... 3
- Guest commentary: Kids don't need to... 3