Book review: 'Real Manhood' directs men to look to God for answers
"REAL MANHOOD: Being the Man God Made You to Be," by Creflo Dollar, FaithWords, $22, 175 pages (nf)
In his latest book, “Real Manhood,” Creflo Dollar identifies challenges men face today, such as fear, lust, addictions and financial stress, and encourages them to look to God for answers.
“The best way for a man to build himself up is by viewing himself and his life by God’s measurement — His Word,” Dollar writes.
Dollar devotes an entire chapter to the prevalent problem of pornography, calling it an “assault on your soul,” and offers sound advice on overcoming the addiction.
The general advice he offers is based on solid principles that can be relevant to men or women of any faith.
The author is the founder and senior pastor of World Changers Church International, with congregations totaling more than 40,000 people located in College Park, Georgia, and New York City, as well as satellite churches throughout the United States. He and his wife, Taffi, live in Atlanta with their five children.
Rosemarie Howard lives in a 100-year-old house on Main Street in Springville. She enjoys creating multimedia projects. Her website is at dramaticdimensions.com.
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Here’s a look at Disney’s newest...
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three people...
- Teach your children to be coachable
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling and Lexi Walker...
- The Clean Cut: Peewee football players dance...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Pope asserts marriage is forever at... 5
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 4
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 4
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 3
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three... 2
- The Clean Cut: Bindi Irwin, Crocodile... 1