Book review: 'Real Manhood' directs men to look to God for answers
"REAL MANHOOD: Being the Man God Made You to Be," by Creflo Dollar, FaithWords, $22, 175 pages (nf)
In his latest book, “Real Manhood,” Creflo Dollar identifies challenges men face today, such as fear, lust, addictions and financial stress, and encourages them to look to God for answers.
“The best way for a man to build himself up is by viewing himself and his life by God’s measurement — His Word,” Dollar writes.
Dollar devotes an entire chapter to the prevalent problem of pornography, calling it an “assault on your soul,” and offers sound advice on overcoming the addiction.
The general advice he offers is based on solid principles that can be relevant to men or women of any faith.
The author is the founder and senior pastor of World Changers Church International, with congregations totaling more than 40,000 people located in College Park, Georgia, and New York City, as well as satellite churches throughout the United States. He and his wife, Taffi, live in Atlanta with their five children.
Rosemarie Howard lives in a 100-year-old house on Main Street in Springville. She enjoys creating multimedia projects. Her website is at dramaticdimensions.com.
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- The 9 most overlooked threats to a marriage
- Playing favorites can increase the chance a...
- Utah families share tragic stories of teens...
- The Clean Cut: Ellen DeGeneres gives money to...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- Mom calls out Toys R Us for selling fake...
- Watch live: Wheatley conference on family
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge... 8
- Studio C teams up with popular indie... 6
- This type of high school can increase... 6
- Bound together: marriage rates and the... 5
- The Clean Cut: Ellen DeGeneres gives... 5
- Can too many dating options be a... 5
- Watch live: Wheatley conference on family 4