Steven Senne, Associated Press
SANDY — Canyons School District will serve nutritious meals to children and their families throughout the summer.
Over the summer months, free meals will be made available at several locations to children 18 years or younger. Meals will be available from June 9 to Aug. 8 at Bell View, Copperview, Midvale, Midvalley, Sandy and East Midvale elementary schools, and at Union Park.
The site at Union Park, 7360 S. 700 East, will have only lunch. All others will serve breakfast and lunch. Breakfast will be served 8:30-9:30 a.m. Lunch will be served 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Adults may purchase meals at the sites. Prices are $2 for breakfast and $3 for lunch. Meals will not be available July 4 and July 24.
No meal service will be available on Saturdays or Sundays.
The staff will provide one meal per person. Five food groups will be offered, and each child must take at least three of the five components. Adults may not eat any of the child’s meal, and it must be eaten at the serving site.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14