Steven Senne, Associated Press
SANDY — Canyons School District will serve nutritious meals to children and their families throughout the summer.
Over the summer months, free meals will be made available at several locations to children 18 years or younger. Meals will be available from June 9 to Aug. 8 at Bell View, Copperview, Midvale, Midvalley, Sandy and East Midvale elementary schools, and at Union Park.
The site at Union Park, 7360 S. 700 East, will have only lunch. All others will serve breakfast and lunch. Breakfast will be served 8:30-9:30 a.m. Lunch will be served 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Adults may purchase meals at the sites. Prices are $2 for breakfast and $3 for lunch. Meals will not be available July 4 and July 24.
No meal service will be available on Saturdays or Sundays.
The staff will provide one meal per person. Five food groups will be offered, and each child must take at least three of the five components. Adults may not eat any of the child’s meal, and it must be eaten at the serving site.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 57
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 46
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 13
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9