Steven Senne, Associated Press
SANDY — Canyons School District will serve nutritious meals to children and their families throughout the summer.
Over the summer months, free meals will be made available at several locations to children 18 years or younger. Meals will be available from June 9 to Aug. 8 at Bell View, Copperview, Midvale, Midvalley, Sandy and East Midvale elementary schools, and at Union Park.
The site at Union Park, 7360 S. 700 East, will have only lunch. All others will serve breakfast and lunch. Breakfast will be served 8:30-9:30 a.m. Lunch will be served 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Adults may purchase meals at the sites. Prices are $2 for breakfast and $3 for lunch. Meals will not be available July 4 and July 24.
No meal service will be available on Saturdays or Sundays.
The staff will provide one meal per person. Five food groups will be offered, and each child must take at least three of the five components. Adults may not eat any of the child’s meal, and it must be eaten at the serving site.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 10