Steven Senne, Associated Press
SANDY — Canyons School District will serve nutritious meals to children and their families throughout the summer.
Over the summer months, free meals will be made available at several locations to children 18 years or younger. Meals will be available from June 9 to Aug. 8 at Bell View, Copperview, Midvale, Midvalley, Sandy and East Midvale elementary schools, and at Union Park.
The site at Union Park, 7360 S. 700 East, will have only lunch. All others will serve breakfast and lunch. Breakfast will be served 8:30-9:30 a.m. Lunch will be served 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Adults may purchase meals at the sites. Prices are $2 for breakfast and $3 for lunch. Meals will not be available July 4 and July 24.
No meal service will be available on Saturdays or Sundays.
The staff will provide one meal per person. Five food groups will be offered, and each child must take at least three of the five components. Adults may not eat any of the child’s meal, and it must be eaten at the serving site.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14