Steven Senne, Associated Press
SANDY — Canyons School District will serve nutritious meals to children and their families throughout the summer.
Over the summer months, free meals will be made available at several locations to children 18 years or younger. Meals will be available from June 9 to Aug. 8 at Bell View, Copperview, Midvale, Midvalley, Sandy and East Midvale elementary schools, and at Union Park.
The site at Union Park, 7360 S. 700 East, will have only lunch. All others will serve breakfast and lunch. Breakfast will be served 8:30-9:30 a.m. Lunch will be served 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Adults may purchase meals at the sites. Prices are $2 for breakfast and $3 for lunch. Meals will not be available July 4 and July 24.
No meal service will be available on Saturdays or Sundays.
The staff will provide one meal per person. Five food groups will be offered, and each child must take at least three of the five components. Adults may not eat any of the child’s meal, and it must be eaten at the serving site.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12