Mormon stake presidency dances in 'Happy' lip dub for youth conference
The Meridian Idaho North Stake presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints decided to reach out to local teens by producing a lip-dub version of Pharrell Williams' hit song "Happy" for their upcoming youth conference.
"We are a new stake presidency and thought this would be a fun way to connect with our youth," J. Thomas Ahlquist wrote in an email to the Deseret News.
"Youth conference was Saturday, and it was a success! They loved it."
The video was posted on June 7 and has more than 6,000 views.
"We are so blessed to have these men as our leaders," Sherlyn Pinon commented on the video. "They are willing to go to great lengths to connect with our youth. Thank you!"
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Returned Mormon missionaries in 2014 FBS...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of the...
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the world'...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of... 55
- Bible, Book of Mormon make list of top... 20
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 14
- Faith groups speak out against Obama's... 13
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 13
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70 10
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- The biggest band in the world is also... 7