It is very unfortunate that the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl has caused so much commotion and that his town had to cancel his homecoming celebration. Who would want to be in his parent’s position to see all the animosity being thrown at their son who has already suffered in prison for many years? This family needs help and understanding, not criticism from fellow Americans.
None of us will ever know what goes on in anyone's mind. There is a reason for everybody's behavior, and unless we know that reason, we should never jump to conclusions. Yes, Sgt. Bergdahl may have done something that wasn't right, but who are we to judge? We don't know what prompted him to do what he did or what has previously happened in his life. Isn't there such a thing as forgiveness?
My prayers are with the Bergdahl family.
Albertus Van Dyk
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 55
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 29
- My view: What message does Melania's... 25