It is very unfortunate that the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl has caused so much commotion and that his town had to cancel his homecoming celebration. Who would want to be in his parent’s position to see all the animosity being thrown at their son who has already suffered in prison for many years? This family needs help and understanding, not criticism from fellow Americans.
None of us will ever know what goes on in anyone's mind. There is a reason for everybody's behavior, and unless we know that reason, we should never jump to conclusions. Yes, Sgt. Bergdahl may have done something that wasn't right, but who are we to judge? We don't know what prompted him to do what he did or what has previously happened in his life. Isn't there such a thing as forgiveness?
My prayers are with the Bergdahl family.
Albertus Van Dyk
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- Letter: Dance dress code
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 103
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 91
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 40
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 40
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 36