Ute offensive coordinator Dave Christensen has ties to new Jazz coach Quin Snyder
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — New Utah Jazz coach Quin Snyder will see a familiar face in town. Snyder has a couple of ties to Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen. Besides Washington state roots, they were colleagues at the University of Missouri for a seven-year span from 1999-2006. Both rose to prominence with the Tigers — Snyder as head coach of the basketball team and Christensen as mastermind of a high-powered offense for the football program.
“We visited some. We were both busy at different seasons at different times,” Christensen said. “But I got to know him a little bit and he’s a good guy.”
Christensen, who grew up in Everett, Washington, and later coached college and high school ball in the area, recalls watching Snyder play at Mercer Island, Washington, and at Duke.
“I think he’ll do a great job. He’s got a great mind, a basketball mind,” Christensen said. “He’s been successful everywhere he’s been and I think he’ll have great success with the Utah Jazz.”
Christensen, who is six years older than Snyder, acknowledged it’s a small world being reunited with him in Utah.
“It is,” said Christensen, who plans to send Snyder an email soon. “It’s great to have him here.”
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Former Ute center Dallin Bachynski impresses...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 74
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 22
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 15
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8