Ute offensive coordinator Dave Christensen has ties to new Jazz coach Quin Snyder
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — New Utah Jazz coach Quin Snyder will see a familiar face in town. Snyder has a couple of ties to Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen. Besides Washington state roots, they were colleagues at the University of Missouri for a seven-year span from 1999-2006. Both rose to prominence with the Tigers — Snyder as head coach of the basketball team and Christensen as mastermind of a high-powered offense for the football program.
“We visited some. We were both busy at different seasons at different times,” Christensen said. “But I got to know him a little bit and he’s a good guy.”
Christensen, who grew up in Everett, Washington, and later coached college and high school ball in the area, recalls watching Snyder play at Mercer Island, Washington, and at Duke.
“I think he’ll do a great job. He’s got a great mind, a basketball mind,” Christensen said. “He’s been successful everywhere he’s been and I think he’ll have great success with the Utah Jazz.”
Christensen, who is six years older than Snyder, acknowledged it’s a small world being reunited with him in Utah.
“It is,” said Christensen, who plans to send Snyder an email soon. “It’s great to have him here.”
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 76
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 63
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37