CAMP WILLIAMS — The Utah Training Center for the National Guard conducted a garrison change of command Saturday.
Col. Clark R. Roberts, commander of the Utah Training Center, relinquished command to Lt. Col. Tyler B. Smith, who was promoted to colonel immediately prior to the change of command.
Roberts, a Roy resident, has commanded the Utah Training Center since July 2012. He received the Iraq Campaign Medal with Bronze Service Star for his service in Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2005.
Smith, a Saratoga Springs resident, has been serving as the executive officer for the Utah Training Center. His former assignments include engineer company commander, engineer group plans officer, range control officer, assistant professor of military science, deputy inspector general, and commander of the 85th Weapons of Mass Destruction Civil Support Team.
Smith deployed to Saudi Arabia in support of Operation Desert Storm in 1991 and to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom in 2008. He is a recipient of the Bronze Star Medal for his wartime service.
Smith has a Master of Public Administration from BYU and is scheduled to graduate military War College in July.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7