Scott Root, DWR
SALT LAKE CITY — Anglers and aspiring anglers can participate in a free seminar to learn how to catch kokanee salmon. Attendees will have a chance to win one of three guided kokanee salmon fishing trips.
Utah's Blue Ribbon Fisheries Advisory Council is offering the seminar at 7 p.m., Wednesday, June 18, at the Department of Natural Resources, 1594 W. North Temple.
"The seminar will give you the basics you need so you can feel confident pursuing this fish," said Paul Birdsey, cold water sport fisheries coordinator for the Division of Wildlife Resources. "Even experienced anglers should learn a thing or two."
Four kokanee salmon experts will present the seminar. Two of them — Wayne Leslie and Jared Johnson — are avid kokanee anglers. The remaining presenters, DWR biologists Alan Ward and Ryan Mosley, manage what are considered two of the best kokanee salmon fishing waters in Utah: Strawberry and Flaming Gorge reservoirs.
The seminar will cover biology and ecology of kokanee salmon; reading electronics, and control-depth fishing; tackle and rigging; and fishing Strawberry and Flaming Gorge
Presenters will take questions after the presentation.
For more information, call the DWR Salt Lake City office at 801-538-4700.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12