Scott Root, DWR
SALT LAKE CITY — Anglers and aspiring anglers can participate in a free seminar to learn how to catch kokanee salmon. Attendees will have a chance to win one of three guided kokanee salmon fishing trips.
Utah's Blue Ribbon Fisheries Advisory Council is offering the seminar at 7 p.m., Wednesday, June 18, at the Department of Natural Resources, 1594 W. North Temple.
"The seminar will give you the basics you need so you can feel confident pursuing this fish," said Paul Birdsey, cold water sport fisheries coordinator for the Division of Wildlife Resources. "Even experienced anglers should learn a thing or two."
Four kokanee salmon experts will present the seminar. Two of them — Wayne Leslie and Jared Johnson — are avid kokanee anglers. The remaining presenters, DWR biologists Alan Ward and Ryan Mosley, manage what are considered two of the best kokanee salmon fishing waters in Utah: Strawberry and Flaming Gorge reservoirs.
The seminar will cover biology and ecology of kokanee salmon; reading electronics, and control-depth fishing; tackle and rigging; and fishing Strawberry and Flaming Gorge
Presenters will take questions after the presentation.
For more information, call the DWR Salt Lake City office at 801-538-4700.
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 42
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 27
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17