WEST VALLEY CITY — City residents will see a monthly increase of $1.20 for basic garbage collection — one garbage can, one recycle can and monthly bulky waste collection — beginning July 1. It is the first price increase in six years.
The increase is necessary because Salt Lake Valley Landfill costs have increased by more than 40 percent in the past six years, according to a West Valley City press release.
The increased fees will allow the city to continue to maintain the service it provides. For basic service, the price will increase from $13.30 per month to $14.50 per month. The monthly charge for additional garbage cans will also increase to $9, up from $6.45.
As an incentive to reduce waste, West Valley City has decreased the cost of households obtaining an additional recycling can. Additional recycling cans will cost $3 a month, down from $6.45.
The city also offers neighborhood Dumpster collection; glass recycling at Public Works offices, 2805 S. 3600 West, and Fire Station 71, 4160 S. 6400 West; and electronic waste recycling, accepted at the Public Works building Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
For more information, call 801-955-3720 or visit www.wvc-ut.gov/sanitation.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7