Maybe there’s a way, however small, to turn the flood of immigrants to conservative America’s advantage. They are fleeing oppressive governments. I’ll bet they know little about the freedom guaranteed in our Constitution of the United States. I think if they could read it and understand it, they will become a powerful force for preserving it.
Copies of the Constitution, printed in Spanish, need to be distributed to them. Also, there should be Spanish translations of the Founding Fathers writings. We need to produce more Spanish videos and TV documentaries highlighting the benefits this great document and the traditional American work ethic. I believe the Constitution of the United States should be shared with all nations in their native tongues.
These new immigrants, who know what tyranny is, will embrace these brilliant constitutional laws and fight for them.
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Letter: Criminalizing marijuana
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 34
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28