I think President Obama needs to practice trading pokemon cards with my 6-year-old son before he makes anymore trades for soldiers. The deal we made for Army Sgt. Bowe is embarssing. Consider the United States Military resources and budget compared to what the Taliban has to spend, yet we traded five for one. Not only did we trade five for one, but we traded five Rambos back to the Taliban for a Barney Fife. Even a one to one trade would have been a raw deal based on the strategic military nature of who was being traded.
Clearly our leaders felt like the Taliban had the upper hand in this deal. I get it that we don’t leave a man behind, but based on who we say we are and how much we spend on military resources, in this case we should have easily been able to take what is ours and offer nothing in return. If we don't have that capability we don't have the military strength we are told we have.
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Erratic protests
- Letter: Lagoon animals
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass 24
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 24
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23