BOUNTIFUL — An abandoned house went up in flames Friday night and a man who frequented the property suffered burns to his arms and head in the incident.
South Davis Metro Fire Chief Jeff Bassett said authorities received a call of a house on fire about 10 p.m. Friday at 39 S. 600 East.
An injured man was on the front lawn, suffering from second-degree burns on his arms and head. He was taken to Lakeview Hospital to recover, Bassett added.
The fire was extinguished but an engine remained on scene Saturday as a precaution. Because there is no power or natural gas turned on at the property, Bassett said the blaze is suspicious and remains under investigation.
The chief said authorities will work with the property's owner to have what is left of the home demolished because it is a hazard.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17