BOUNTIFUL — An abandoned house went up in flames Friday night and a man who frequented the property suffered burns to his arms and head in the incident.
South Davis Metro Fire Chief Jeff Bassett said authorities received a call of a house on fire about 10 p.m. Friday at 39 S. 600 East.
An injured man was on the front lawn, suffering from second-degree burns on his arms and head. He was taken to Lakeview Hospital to recover, Bassett added.
The fire was extinguished but an engine remained on scene Saturday as a precaution. Because there is no power or natural gas turned on at the property, Bassett said the blaze is suspicious and remains under investigation.
The chief said authorities will work with the property's owner to have what is left of the home demolished because it is a hazard.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Lawsuit claims State School Board violated...
- Investigation into shooting death of Uintah...
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 77
- Republican, Democratic political... 48
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 33
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 31
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 24
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 22