BOUNTIFUL — An abandoned house went up in flames Friday night and a man who frequented the property suffered burns to his arms and head in the incident.
South Davis Metro Fire Chief Jeff Bassett said authorities received a call of a house on fire about 10 p.m. Friday at 39 S. 600 East.
An injured man was on the front lawn, suffering from second-degree burns on his arms and head. He was taken to Lakeview Hospital to recover, Bassett added.
The fire was extinguished but an engine remained on scene Saturday as a precaution. Because there is no power or natural gas turned on at the property, Bassett said the blaze is suspicious and remains under investigation.
The chief said authorities will work with the property's owner to have what is left of the home demolished because it is a hazard.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21