BOUNTIFUL — An abandoned house went up in flames Friday night and a man who frequented the property suffered burns to his arms and head in the incident.
South Davis Metro Fire Chief Jeff Bassett said authorities received a call of a house on fire about 10 p.m. Friday at 39 S. 600 East.
An injured man was on the front lawn, suffering from second-degree burns on his arms and head. He was taken to Lakeview Hospital to recover, Bassett added.
The fire was extinguished but an engine remained on scene Saturday as a precaution. Because there is no power or natural gas turned on at the property, Bassett said the blaze is suspicious and remains under investigation.
The chief said authorities will work with the property's owner to have what is left of the home demolished because it is a hazard.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Man gets jail time for attempted recruitment...
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14