BOUNTIFUL — An abandoned house went up in flames Friday night and a man who frequented the property suffered burns to his arms and head in the incident.
South Davis Metro Fire Chief Jeff Bassett said authorities received a call of a house on fire about 10 p.m. Friday at 39 S. 600 East.
An injured man was on the front lawn, suffering from second-degree burns on his arms and head. He was taken to Lakeview Hospital to recover, Bassett added.
The fire was extinguished but an engine remained on scene Saturday as a precaution. Because there is no power or natural gas turned on at the property, Bassett said the blaze is suspicious and remains under investigation.
The chief said authorities will work with the property's owner to have what is left of the home demolished because it is a hazard.
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Friends, family remember sister missionary...
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 19
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 17
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 10