Lottery prospect Aaron Gordon, David Stockton to work out for Jazz
Charles Rex Arbogast, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SALT LAKE CITY — A day after working out a few guys with familiar names to local college fans, the Utah Jazz are bringing in a high-profile player whose name might be heard when the team picks fifth in the June 26 draft.
Arizona forward Aaron Gordon, No. 8 on ESPN writer Chad Ford's Top 100 board, will be the first projected lottery athlete to participate in a pre-draft workout in Utah this year. First-round prospects Adreian Payne (Michigan) and Jerami Grant (Syracuse), and Gonzaga point guard David Stockton are other recognizable names among the nine who’ll go in two sessions following the introductory press conference of new coach Quin Snyder.
Others include UNLV forward Khem Birch, Baylor forward Cory Jefferson, Iowa guard Roy Devyn Marble, Tennessee State guard Patrick Miller and Tennessee forward Jarnell Stokes.
Three guys with Utah college connections took to the Zions Bank Basketball Center court in Friday’s two workouts, including Weber State guard Davion Barry, Utah State center Jarred Shaw and former Utah forward Shawn Glover.
“I felt like I did great,” said Barry, who led the Wildcats to the NCAA tournament this spring. “I made shots. I was vocal. My team won the 3-on-3 (scrimmage). I looked good on the shooting drills. I just tried to win everything. I tried to compete.”
“It feels good, man,” said Glover, who transferred to Oral Roberts after Jim Boylen was fired in 2011. “It feels like home almost. I feel like I’m back to my roots.”
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Utah Jazz: Latest acquisition Booker aims to...
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 91
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 75
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 41
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 40
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 27
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 25