Lottery prospect Aaron Gordon, David Stockton to work out for Jazz
Charles Rex Arbogast, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SALT LAKE CITY — A day after working out a few guys with familiar names to local college fans, the Utah Jazz are bringing in a high-profile player whose name might be heard when the team picks fifth in the June 26 draft.
Arizona forward Aaron Gordon, No. 8 on ESPN writer Chad Ford's Top 100 board, will be the first projected lottery athlete to participate in a pre-draft workout in Utah this year. First-round prospects Adreian Payne (Michigan) and Jerami Grant (Syracuse), and Gonzaga point guard David Stockton are other recognizable names among the nine who’ll go in two sessions following the introductory press conference of new coach Quin Snyder.
Others include UNLV forward Khem Birch, Baylor forward Cory Jefferson, Iowa guard Roy Devyn Marble, Tennessee State guard Patrick Miller and Tennessee forward Jarnell Stokes.
Three guys with Utah college connections took to the Zions Bank Basketball Center court in Friday’s two workouts, including Weber State guard Davion Barry, Utah State center Jarred Shaw and former Utah forward Shawn Glover.
“I felt like I did great,” said Barry, who led the Wildcats to the NCAA tournament this spring. “I made shots. I was vocal. My team won the 3-on-3 (scrimmage). I looked good on the shooting drills. I just tried to win everything. I tried to compete.”
“It feels good, man,” said Glover, who transferred to Oral Roberts after Jim Boylen was fired in 2011. “It feels like home almost. I feel like I’m back to my roots.”
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 29