SALT LAKE CITY — A man on a motorcycle was killed Friday when he was hit by a minivan.
The man was riding south on 900 West about 1:40 p.m. when the driver of the eastbound minivan ran a red light and hit him in the intersection at 1700 South, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya.
The 50-year-old man died of his injuries at an area hospital, Montoya said. He was not wearing a helmet.
The man's name was not immediately released Friday pending family notification.
— McKenzie Romero
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Man dies in paragliding crash on Utah Lake
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 124
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19