SALT LAKE CITY — A man on a motorcycle was killed Friday when he was hit by a minivan.
The man was riding south on 900 West about 1:40 p.m. when the driver of the eastbound minivan ran a red light and hit him in the intersection at 1700 South, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya.
The 50-year-old man died of his injuries at an area hospital, Montoya said. He was not wearing a helmet.
The man's name was not immediately released Friday pending family notification.
— McKenzie Romero
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26