SALT LAKE CITY — A man on a motorcycle was killed Friday when he was hit by a minivan.
The man was riding south on 900 West about 1:40 p.m. when the driver of the eastbound minivan ran a red light and hit him in the intersection at 1700 South, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya.
The 50-year-old man died of his injuries at an area hospital, Montoya said. He was not wearing a helmet.
The man's name was not immediately released Friday pending family notification.
— McKenzie Romero
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- 'Somebody knows what happened,' daughter...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Rally in support of police also draws... 39
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 22
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9