SALT LAKE CITY — A man on a motorcycle was killed Friday when he was hit by a minivan.
The man was riding south on 900 West about 1:40 p.m. when the driver of the eastbound minivan ran a red light and hit him in the intersection at 1700 South, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya.
The 50-year-old man died of his injuries at an area hospital, Montoya said. He was not wearing a helmet.
The man's name was not immediately released Friday pending family notification.
— McKenzie Romero
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12