SALT LAKE CITY — A man on a motorcycle was killed Friday when he was hit by a minivan.
The man was riding south on 900 West about 1:40 p.m. when the driver of the eastbound minivan ran a red light and hit him in the intersection at 1700 South, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya.
The 50-year-old man died of his injuries at an area hospital, Montoya said. He was not wearing a helmet.
The man's name was not immediately released Friday pending family notification.
— McKenzie Romero
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 11