Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation advises drivers to plan ahead and allow extra travel time due to upcoming road construction on several northern Utah highways.
Lane restrictions are scheduled on Saturday night, June 7, for bridge paving on I-80 near 2000 East in Salt Lake City. On Saturday night, eastbound I-80 will be reduced to one lane from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. The repaving project's goal is to improve the ride for drivers traveling over both bridges.
Westbound I-80 will be reduced to one lane on Monday, June 9, while crews begin work to reconstruct a 7-mile section of I-80 between the U.S. 40 interchange and Wanship in Summit County. Beginning in early July, eastbound I-80 will also be reduced to one lane through November. The project will replace existing asphalt with new concrete pavement that is designed to last longer and will better accommodate heavy truck traffic.
A 5-mile section of I-80 near the state Route 36 interchange (Exit 99) is currently reduced to one lane in each direction for concrete maintenance. These restrictions are scheduled to remain in place through early July. The project will prolong the life of the pavement and aims to provide a smoother ride for drivers.
U.S. 91 is reduced to one lane in each direction between Smithfield and the Idaho border, Monday through Friday (and occasional Saturdays), from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. through the end of July. Drivers are reminded to follow posted speed limits and use caution when traveling through the construction zone. Workers are resurfacing the road to prolong the life of the pavement.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14