Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation advises drivers to plan ahead and allow extra travel time due to upcoming road construction on several northern Utah highways.
Lane restrictions are scheduled on Saturday night, June 7, for bridge paving on I-80 near 2000 East in Salt Lake City. On Saturday night, eastbound I-80 will be reduced to one lane from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. The repaving project's goal is to improve the ride for drivers traveling over both bridges.
Westbound I-80 will be reduced to one lane on Monday, June 9, while crews begin work to reconstruct a 7-mile section of I-80 between the U.S. 40 interchange and Wanship in Summit County. Beginning in early July, eastbound I-80 will also be reduced to one lane through November. The project will replace existing asphalt with new concrete pavement that is designed to last longer and will better accommodate heavy truck traffic.
A 5-mile section of I-80 near the state Route 36 interchange (Exit 99) is currently reduced to one lane in each direction for concrete maintenance. These restrictions are scheduled to remain in place through early July. The project will prolong the life of the pavement and aims to provide a smoother ride for drivers.
U.S. 91 is reduced to one lane in each direction between Smithfield and the Idaho border, Monday through Friday (and occasional Saturdays), from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. through the end of July. Drivers are reminded to follow posted speed limits and use caution when traveling through the construction zone. Workers are resurfacing the road to prolong the life of the pavement.
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- Report: Millennials in Utah mirror dropping...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah's air pollution problem: What does... 17