Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
According to a news release from the AACT, the award is “presented to individuals and organizations in recognition of contributions made to promote and develop the highest standards for community theatre.”
The center was founded in 1933 and now encompasses other venues, including SCERA Shell Outdoor Theatre, Orem Heritage Museum and SCERA Art Studios, as well as costume, scenery and prop buildings to support the center's theater productions. In addition to community theater productions, the venues host concerts and other cultural performances, as well as film screenings.
"Thousands have performed and fallen in love with theatre through their involvement at SCERA," according to a news release.
AACT will present SCERA with the award during the AACT International Theatre Festival in Venice, Florida, which takes place June 16-21.
AACT is based in Fort Worth, Texas, and "provides networking, resources and support to suit the needs of all those involved in community theatre," according to the organization's website.
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- The complicated relationship between God and rap
- 'The Addams Family' has clever Utah Valley...
- The changing definition of 'TV': What parents...
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite abuse charge
- 11 movies to watch out for this fall
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: The role of rocks in the...
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 15
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 2
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015 1
- Miss America: More to worry about than... 1
- When it comes to TV's future,... 1